1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frankie lymon

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Alexander69, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Alexander69

Had a beautiful voice amazing really such talent he was takn too soon. He had a heroine overdose at the age of 25....... TWENTY FIVE...... He would have been amazing I feel to this day. He song the song "why do fools fall in love"

---------- Post added 6th Apr 2013 at 02:11 AM ----------

I love the beginning of the song the "OOOWAA OOOWAA" part

2. 4ever Hearth

I love that song.

3. Alexander69

It makes me feel happy to me the 50's and 60's were such a family oriented time

---------- Post added 6th Apr 2013 at 03:02 AM ----------

Why does my heart skip a crazy beat? for I know it will reach defeat.

The lyrics are so polite not like today

4. 4ever Hearth

And everything isn't about a 808 beat or "sweet"(by that I mean SUPER "poppy")instrumentals, god if I hear something else with a 808 beat and a catchy hook but the rest of the song would've been better off not existing, I will go madd. Yes with two ds :lol:

There is just something so pure and genuine about the singers and live bands of the time.

Since you like Frankie Lymon, you should check out "Rockin Robin" by Bobby Day.

5. Alexander69

Ok I will! AHHA thanks I just love good music and talent natural talent is most important anyone can sing if given so many chances in a studio to perfect it. But to sing live perfect that's talent.

6. The 50's and 60's were most definitely not family oriented. They were filled with social strife, anxieties, racism and sexual revolutions. On the outside looking back it seems pleasant and wholesome but it was an ugly period.

To quote Kurt Vonnegut “No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless our government, our corporations, our media, and our religious & charitable institutions may become, the music will still be wonderful.”

And indeed the music was wonderful.

7. Alexander69

Really? It always seemed to appear like a close family time.