1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printer for my Mac

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ty, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Printerrrrrs!

Okay, so which one do you think will be best? I dont really wanna spend over £100 >..<
    Im assuming all of those printers are fully compatible with my mac, since their on an apple website:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Cause I got this lexmark printer and every time i tried to print something, word just crashed -.-

2. CrimsonThunder

Maybe thats words/your macs fault? Im not sure, dont have one. XD

However, i would suggest anything by Canon! :grin: I have one, cant remember the number of it though.

3. Zoe7022

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Kodaks cost more at first, but the ink is cheaper.

4. 24601

There are stores that can actually refill ink cartridges of any brand for relatively cheap. They work well... so, if you can find a store like that, I wouldn't really take that into consideration.

5. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What type of work are you doing? Most of my print outs are boring old handouts and assignments for school, so the best choice was a black and white laser printer. I have a samsung that's now a few years old and has given over 4000 pages without problem.

For lasers I recommend Samsung or HP. You'll have to check into the Mac compatibility of their products. I've heard issues with many companies when they stop making a printer and stop supporting it, drivers can be a problem under a new OS version (which happens frequently in the Mac world).

I avoid Lexmark printers in general. In addition to having tiny cartridges that last 3 pages, I've found them prone to clogging, and also actual mechanical breakdowns.

I also have an OLD Canon printer using BC-02 cartridges. I can easily open it up and pour in more ink and it will keep working and working. I've filled the cartridge over 6 times.

6. Louise

I have 7 Macs all using Kyocera printers. These printers work out the cheapest on the market for ink cartridges. I print about 500 copies a day and *touch wood* have never had any problems with them.

Take a look at the Kyocera site, I don't know about suppliers and prices in England but I certainly would recommend them.