1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On "Out With Dad"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tlarkul, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Tlarkul

A while ago, long before I joined EC, I watched a web series called Out With Dad. It is a story about how a teenager, named Rose, and her father, Nathan, face several challenges as Rose comes out as gay, from a the fallout of a broken relationship with Rose's best friend, to the process of self acceptance.

If it seems like my summary describes it as sentimental, it's anything but (I suck at summarising). It may feel a bit like a dramatised PSA at times, but the characters and drama are about as real as can be in real life. As a closeted gay audience member, I found that what Rose experiences throughout the series is pretty accurate to my experiences with the coming out process. As with many fans of the web series, I found that it gave me hope in spite of the misery from being in the closet.

Has anyone else felt the same way while watching Out With Dad? Why is that? Where there any moments in the series that stuck with you? Is anyone else eagerly awaiting for the third season of the series?

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haven't seen it, but I'll keep it in mind.

3. Hot Pink

I love that web series. I can't wait for the next season to start. It's sad that the guy who played the dad until now had to leave the show. I wonder how his replacement will do. It's always awkward when they replace an actor... :frowning2:

4. theMaverick

I just finished watching season 2 and WHAT THE DAD IS LEAVING?!?!?!?!

5. Tlarkul

According to the official website, the actor who played as Nathan in seasons 1 and 2 is going to be involved in other projects. I'm sure they've cast his successor carefully.

6. theMaverick

I hope they do, I was excited to see how his relationship with Angela progressed. I love the dad in this show. His character is awesome.