1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my latest virus scan

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Nitro, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Nitro

After April-foolings were done yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to check that I wasn't the victim of some cracker's joke. Take a look at this:
    No viruses detected by the scanner (Sophos Anti-Virus Version 4.28) but a whole lot of errors in really bad places such as the AppleScript ones. Now I have been using this AV for over a year (and have been updating regularly) and normally the only errors are the 2 with the AppleWorks SchoolHouse. Obviously something(s) bad has happened and I would like to know:
    1. what has happened
    2. what to do about it

Lastly I would encourage everyone on ec to perform a complete scan too because my internet habits are fairly safe, and with no recent downloads, and/or applications, no suspicious email attachments in a long time (any email that contains an attachment that is not both from a trusted source and explicitly mentioned in the email is suspicious to me) - I am left to hypothesize that it may be something that was linked from this site.

Constructive input is appreciated.