1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tv shows/ cartoons with LGTB themes or episodes

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by OutwardSmiles, Apr 18, 2013.

1. OutwardSmiles

So I was watching a new episode of Adventure Time with my younger brother (for those of you who don't know what it is, it's a children/teen show on Cartoon Network that has a couple surprisingly mature themes in it compared to other kids' shows) and I was pleasantly surprised by something that happened. The episode I was watching was called "BMO Lost" and it's about Beemo getting lost and kind of going on an adventure with Bubble, a new friend he meets that's also lost. At the end of the episode Beemo finds his way back to Finn and Jake and Bubble says something like "Beemo I know I may never find my own family again, but that's fine because I'm with you. I feel so great whenever I'm around you." and he asks Beemo to marry him, to which he responds "Yes." At this point I was just kind of beaming excitedly because, well, this is a kids' show on Cartoon Network that had a gay relationship as the main focus of one of their episodes.

I'm thinking this could be a good thing for the LGBT community if a children's show from a channel as well-known as Cartoon Network has a gay couple in it, and I was also wondering if anyone else has seen anything similar in other shows or movies for kids.

2. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

It's not quite for kids, but the anime Wandering Son is about two gender non-conforming, potentially trans*, middle-schoolers as they slowly work out who they are. There's actually quite a few anime with same-sex relationships, but most of them are targeted at straight audiences. The only other one I can think of that supposedly deals with the realities of being LBGTQ is Aoi Hana, though I haven't seen it.

3. Theodora

I saw both! (They're by the same artist if people don't know.)

Wandering Son is a really beautiful anime and the characters are great. :thumbsup: I haven't read the manga yet but I plan to get them when I have money. :lol:

Aoi Hana is a coming out story about a lesbian girl in high school finding her identity. The anime was good too until the end, but then it decided not to have an ending. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The manga was really good though (and sweet) and has alot more volumes.