1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Festivals

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Harve, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Harve

For the Northern Hemisphere, it's that time of year again. Where are you going? And if you're not going to a festival and have never considered doing so, then get on it because I don't see how anyone couldn't enjoy them.

I was wanting to go to Lowlands but I was a douche and didn't keep track of tickets selling out. Heartbreaking. </3 So me and my friends are leaning towards Pukkelpop, over the border in Belgium. I've never been to a festival outwith the UK before so I want to see what they're like!

2. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    I'll be going to Hove Festival, Norwegian Wood, Træna Festival, Selbu Summerfestival, Drammen River Festival and about 15 - 20 concerts this summer. I'll also likely go to either Leeds or Reading festival in the UK.

OK, my job isn't so bad. :icon_bigg

3. Zaio

Zaio Guest

2 years to go...

I'm looking forward to going to Love Festival, V-Festival, Ministry, Global Gathering, Bugged Out and probably Love Box. Those are the main ones I'm interested in but always up for others :slight_smile:

All the best.

4. Harve

WHAT.

Where can I apply?

5. timo

Lowlands sold out in like two hours, it's insane. They'll be releasing a few more tickets throughout the year though (ones that got made invalid for whatever reason (like other companies trying to sell them for ridiculous prices))

ANYWAY.
    I'll be going to Groezrock (won a ticket), Best Kept Secret (Portishead, Bloc Party, Wavves, Arctic Monkeys THIS WILL BE SO GOOD) and Melt! Festival (this year will be my 5th time there). Probably I'll be going to Lowlands too, to work one day (or part of one) in exchange for free entrance the other two days.

Looking forward to all of them SO MUCH.

Pukkelpop seems pretty great too, and I think you might enjoy the Melt Festival. The line up isn't complete yet but pretty good already and the location looks amazing

6. Harve

Wow. What even IS that?!

The lineup looks too amazing for words, but I'm not sure if it's something I can drag my friends to. And way over towards Berlin is a painfully long bus ride. One day!

Pukkelpop tho. omg. Oh and this:

[​IMG]

All the (British-only :/) Math Rock you could ever want for just £59.

7. timo

They're old industrial/mining machines, and they're GIGANTIC (and amazing to climb (last year one of them was accessible)). Ferropolis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But yeah, you're right, Berlin is awfully far away especially if you'd go by bus... Trains are a good option too, but driving there is the best thing possible.

and WOW that Arctangent festival thing looks amazing. Like seriously amazing. and not expensive at all. I've never heard of it but I now want to go there.