1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Fire Among The Snows ~~ A short story

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Argentwing, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, hi everybody :slight_smile:. Glad to be back from my ban, which as regrettable as it was, was justified. But I did go back and forth with somebody about making a prehistoric LGBT-themed short story before my break, and I got a bit of work done on it while not messing around on here. I prepared a sort of teaser until I get the rest of it done.

Let me know what you think in the comments. :grin:

#1 Argentwing, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  2. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, I was wondering where you've been, welcome back!

Ok. So I've read short stories, I've read stories by people aspiring to be writers, and most of the time it's just not working for them. But, reading your story felt like I was reading an excerpt from a legit book. You had vivid descriptions, and it seemed like you've done a bit of research, maybe?

Very well done, I'm curious where you're taking the story XD

3. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Well written, good wordplay, and the flow of it is enticing. I'm intrigued, both by the story itself and the overall notion of a LGBT story set in prehistoric times.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, thanks :grin: I did do a slight amount of research, but a lot of it is artistic license. I figure we really don't know much about OLD old civilization, so I could shape it any which way I pleased.

Truth be told, I'm not sure exactly where it's going either. I've got a bit more than that written, but if it wasn't clear in the teaser, nobody in the story has sophisticated language yet. It's hard to have meaningful interaction using only grunts and gestures, but we'll see how it goes XD.