1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Grateful Dead fans on here?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by vhrebels, Apr 22, 2013.

1. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Are there any deadheads around here? I just started listening to the Grateful Dead, and they are awesome! Jerry Garcia can really tear it up on the guitar! Also, what's your favorite song by them? Mine's either The Golden Road, The Music Never Stopped, or Uncle John's Band. If you haven't checked them out, you should because they are a really versatile group. They started out as a psychedelic band, then they moved on into folk, country, rock and roll, and reggae. Check them out!

2. dkchatty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just saw your post today. Although it was posted a long time ago, I hope you see this. I have been a gay deadhead for over 40 years. I never have been aware of any group of gay deadheads. I have thought of starting one from time to time but never got around to it. I never saw another live act that I related to as much as theirs. Their message was always one of inclusivity. I never felt uncomfortable at a show even though I was surrounded of straight folks (my assumption--true). Anyway, there are too many songs and shows for me to pick a favorite. The ones I realty enjoyed were a long time ago. I have found the post Jerry versions somewhat lacking at least until Fare Thee Well. Trey was a great fit. I went to the Santa Clara shows and watched Chicago on PPV. So, if and when you see this, please reply. I'd love to set up a dialogue with you.