1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What music artist(s) is your role model(s)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by cutieboy201, Apr 26, 2013.

1. cutieboy201

My role models in music are:
    Demi Lovato: She was bullied in the past and used to cut but overcame it and now is famous!

Adam Lambert: His music can inspire me that just because im gay doesn't mean im a gross freak (His song "Outlaws Of Love" really shows this)

Lady Gaga: She taught me that everyone is made equal and that I was born the way I am <3

Who are your role models in music if you have any?
    Write who it is or who they are and write why please. :slight_smile:

2. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Old) Patrick Stump (New Patrick is kind of a dick to be honest...) Anyway, I just love his music and all the things that he does. It's inspiring really.

Randy Rhodes is probably the single greatest guitarist of all time in my opinion. He could take anything that Tony Iommi did and turn it into gold.

Pete Wentz writes incredible lyrics. I just love how metaphorical it is and it's a big influence on the way I write music.

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Artistically:

Pete Townshend because of how deep he gets, and how personal he can tell a story. He's also great at expressing things both as a showman and as a guitarist.

Keith Moon as a drummer because he can work with any song and still sound like an octopus on steroids is playing, because

Elton John because he can make big and flashy and still be really really cool.

Paul Simon for sound quality as well as the messages he gives

Weird Al Yankovic because of how far he goes to make a parody of something. He's one of the few exceptions that people seem to have because of how he really is as a person. Nevertheless, he's still great when he trolls his followers (Yes, he does this. I've been a victim of it)

As a person:

John Lennon for his messages of equality and non-discrimination. The man died while fighting for the greater good. I really, really wish he were still living today.

Ghandi for very similar reasons as John Lennon, but Ghandi goes even further with his, especially on religion. As an agnostic, I can still respect this man.

Weird Al Yankovic because even when he makes a parody, he's still a great guy. He even mocks irrational behavior in his parodies.

Lady Gaga - What can I not say about Lady Gaga that isn't inspirational? Seriously. Someone so famous, and uses that fame not for themselves, but for a group of people being treated like 2nd class citizens (which shouldn't even be a thing)

#3 Jinkies, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Otep Shamaya! I love the way she manages to combine femininity and metal brutality in her music, and I love everything about her look (when she has short hair, anyway). Also Janelle MonĂ¡e; I love her style, and she makes some damn good music.