1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Drivers

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SkyTears, Apr 7, 2008.

1. SkyTears

My computer just installed an update on my video driver (automatically: not my doing). Well the problem is I'm pretty sure it installed the wrong drivers. When I put in my video drivers CD it won't go through the install. I'm on vista and i don't know if there is driver rollback anywhere or any other way to fix it. I'm to use to my XP computer.:help:

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

The first thing is to download the latest driver from the video card manufacturers website and try installing that. They would probably install over the one windows decided to install.

You could try using System Restore to go back to a restore point before the update was installed.

Alternatively you could uninstall the hardware and driver from Device Manager then reinstall the driver from the CD.

Are you running Service Pack 1 yet? There are some driver updates that Microsoft applies before SP1 to deal with compatibility issues.

I normally set Automatic Updates to "download but let me choose when to install". I can then choose what to install too, and I don't usually install hardware drivers from there.

3. SkyTears

I tried system restore before anything and that didn't work then i tried running my CD of drivers but it didn't want to install for some reason. But I finally got the right drivers from the web site. For a second I forgot what my video card was but I got it worked out.
    Thanks

4. Alex89

All you need to do is go into Control Panek > Personalise > Display Settings > Advanced > and then Properties next to the name of your card. Then just go to the Driver tab and click Rollback Driver. Pretty much the same as XP. =)

Just takes a few more click to get there, lol.

You can also completely uninstall your driver from there, which leaves you with Vista's default drivers so you can then find any driver you want to install.