1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marilyn Manson

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lawRAWR, Apr 29, 2013.

1. lawRAWR

Right. I sat down for the first time and decided I'd check out his music and read some stuff about Marilyn Manson.

Wow. What an interesting person. :icon_bigg

Before now, I would watch a video of his and turn it off quickly, I guess I was kind of 'creeped out' by his eccentric appearance and extreme Gothic nature.

But I was really pleased after listening to some of his songs on Spotify. Just goes to show that people should always give others (even if they are famous) a chance before discarding them or stereotyping them.

Does anyone else here like him and his music?

2. catatonie

I used to listen to his music way back in high school, but I feel I outgrew it (like a lot of other stuff). He's a really intelligent and interesting person for sure.

3. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love his work, but I need to get on top of my game and get all his albums again. I've yet to hear all of Born Villain (so bad with keeping track of release dates).

4. bagginses

bagginses Guest

I like some of his songs like "the nobodies", "coma white", "beautiful people", "dope show".

although some of his music videos bring back childhood nightmare fears.
    I thought he was a girl at first because in "the dope show" music video he was naked and had a girl figure (if you know what I mean)

5. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Yes! Agreed! He is my absolute #1 favorite musician. Love his band. I also think he's a brilliant, bright kind person. Of course, he's no goody good, but he's a good person and really smart. His music means the most to me out of all the musicians I adore; in my heart, he's a great lyricist. I seriously day dream about him being my Uncle or big brother sometimes. I love Brian! <3

6. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I went through a pretty big marilyn manson phase around 2 years ago, haven't really listened to him since then though

7. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Omg I love Marilyn Manson!!! <3 <3 <3 <3
    - Only reason I clicked this.

8. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    His music videos are interesting to say the least

9. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

He scares me! :grin:

10. Vanishing Velma

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been a fan of his for awhile. Yeah, he's pretty unique :slight_smile:

11. AAASAS

I listened to him heavily when I was a teenager. He is a true individual and his music is a lot smarter and profound then people are lead to believe.His appearance and the way he carries himself creeps people out most likely is why people don't like him.

One of the only popular artists that I liked. Trent Reznor reminds me of him a lot and I think is a more socially "accepted" version of Marilyn Manson.

People also forget it is a band, and not his real name, and that everyone in his band has a weird name like his. They took famous female celebrity names for their first, and famous american serial killer names for their last name. Seems kind of dark, but I think it was smart to blend the two opposites end of modern and popular culture together. Marilyn Monroe is arguable as famous as Charles Manson, but for very different reasons.

12. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Very much agree on the bolded parts. My thoughts exactly.