1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow Crash

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Just Jess, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Just Jess

So this is really embarrassing. But I am going to come out to all of you about something.

I'm a huge Neal Stephenson fan. Cryptonomicon was my favorite book that I've read all the way through, and I'm going to pick up Anathem.

Anyhow, do any of you have a book where you lied about reading it? Well, Snow Crash was mine. And I'm reading it now. And... I'm gonna have to come back to it with the right mindset I think.

Is the whole thing just "rule of cool"? I mean I read a little bit of plot synopsis, not enough to spoil it, but the concept sounds really fun. Just, the style, I wasn't ready for tongue-in-cheek Akira I guess. I'd have eaten this stuff up maybe 5 years ago. I really hope I haven't grown up THAT much :eek:Still only a couple chapters in.

I dunno, I'm picking it up again today and I think I'm in a better frame of mind for it than I was last night.