1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jimmy Buffett fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by theMaverick, May 5, 2013.

1. theMaverick

Are there any Jimmy Buffett fans on here? Besides myself? Oh please let someone say yes.

2. Gallatin

I love Jimmy Buffett! With summer arriving, I'll definitely be listening to his music once again. It's hard to beat going for a swim in the pool on a beautiful, sunny day with "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes" and "Margaritaville" playing in the background.

3. theMaverick

YES!!! WOOOOOO!!!

I just went to his Dallas show last night, it was my 2nd time at his concert and as usual, it was awesome. Have you ever been to a concert or around other Parrotheads? I'm glad to know there are more young fans out there.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fins up! (!)

I'm a huge fan. I don't think he's quite as good a musician as Billy Joel overall (FANBOY ALERT: nobody is XD), but the style is almost incomparable. What Buffett has is lyrics-- you can tell that guy has wit to spare with the way he spins words in his songs. And he can still give you a gut punch every now and then too.

From "He went to Paris"
    But the warm summer breezes,
    French wines and cheeses
    Put his ambition at bay.
    Then summers and winters
    Scattered like splinters
    and four or five years slipped away.

I wouldn't say I love ALL his songs, but when you ask me what kind of music I like most, his name will always be in that list.

5. AlamoCity

I only have 2 songs on my playlist, I like his style, but I tend to stay mostly in the "country" genre.

Margaritaville

and

"It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" by Alan Jackson, featuring Jimmy Buffett.

I'll listen to some of his other songs to see how I like them.

6. Gallatin

Unfortunately, I haven't been to any of his concerts. My old roommates went to one a few years back, but I just couldn't find the time to join them. But, yeah, I know a lot of people our age who love Jimmy Buffett. And several others who didn't know of his music, but once introduced, grew to like it.

7. theMaverick

The concerts are a great time. There's (at least in Texas) a big parking lot party before the concert that is also a great time. Jimmy Buffett is and always will be in my favorites list.

8. Jared

I'm huge fan and have been for a long time, I really want to go to one of his concerts. My favorite songs are "Last Mango in Paris", "Jolly Mon" and "Cheeseburger in Paradise"