1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your favourite...?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Music Madness, May 8, 2013.

1. Music Madness

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So basically it's a list of your favourite entertainment and media type stuff, and why you like it. :slight_smile:
    Lol, and don't panic if like me you end up having a total mind blank and forget everything you've ever liked instantly! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

For example mine are:

Movie: Pride & Prejudice (2005 version) - Aside from the romance and story, I really like the music.
    Tv Show: Doctor Who and Sherlock are tied equally as the MOST AWESOMEST shows ever! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: - Because Steven Moffat is a GOD, and both of these shows are just PURE WIN!!! :grin:
    Genre: Fantasy or science fiction... but it's gotta have some romance, 'cause I'm a total ball of goo when it comes to that stuff, lol! (!)
    Actor (M): Johnny Depp - Not just because he is undeniably SEXY, but because he is a COMPLETE NATURAL and MASTER of his craft, and because he also seems like a really nice guy behind the scene.
    Actor (F): I'm not sure... I'm having a mind-blank, lol! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    TV Personality (so show host, rather than actor or whatever... male or female.): Ellen Degeneres - Not only is she awesome, but she's a great inspirational influence for anyone who's LGBTQ.

Book/Series: Dead Witch Walking (which is the first book in The Hollows series, by Kim Harrison). - It's got all of the fantasy elements that I love, and it also has love triangles and a slowly developing lesbian relationship (throughout the ark of the series, NOT within the book!.. In the beginning the romance is strictly male/female.) that I for some reason I find I'm completely able to relate to! :slight_smile:
    Writer: Kim Harrison or Jane Austen. - Kim for how and what she writes, and Jane because I love her classical love stories.
    Genre: Same as movies and tv.

Song: Either "Place to Be" by Nick Drake or "My Eyes" by Neil Patrick Harris and Felicia Day - I like how "Place to Be" has a really beautiful and soothing sound to it, and "My Eyes" because it has a really awesome feel to it, and the fact that as a general song (not part of the web-series Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, 'cause it makes total sense on the show) it is just so random! :grin:
    Artist/Band: Three Days Grace - Because they are PURE AWESOMENESS!!! Though considering Adam Gontier's left, this statement may very well change! :icon_sad:
    Genre: My tastes are in the middle of a change at the moment, so my ears can't decide what they like best... but generally it'd probably be rock, because the beat and style in how the guitar is played is awesome! :icon_bigg

Sport to play: Bowling or pool... they're a sport, right?! :icon_wink I like them because they are a fun easy-going game you can play with your friends.
    To watch: None... but if I'm being forced (like during the olympics), probably swimming. I have no idea why I like it... I think it's the look of the water moving, rather than the opportunity to perve at semi-naked people (I don't actually like the bulky shoulder look :confused:).

Fashion style to wear: I'm in the middle of this weird eclectic mix of punk, bohemian and I don't know what... maybe slightly hipsterish? (I don't really follow fashion, so I have no idea what it's called!) - I like to mix and match, and I like to wear stuff to make it look like one style, when technically it would be considered a totally different style all together!
    What you'd wear if you felt comfortable enough to do so: A really punk style of lolita... though not all of the time! - Because it's really REALLY out there, and is dramatically eye catching! You HAVE to be confident to wear something like this! :slight_smile:

2. Candace

TV Show- THE SIMPSONS
    I grew up on this show and I like to watch them in French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian
    Movie= Charlie Chaplin films
    No words are needed to convey comedy in these films. Again, I grew up on these.

Music= 80s music
    I like the lighthearted, frivolity of 80s music. Very catchy tunes. and don't forget MJ.

Books= biographies
    I like them since they give me new perspectives on historical figures. And...all of the stuff actually happened (not some bogus crap).

TV Host= Craig Ferguson. I like his sense of humour and his Scottish accent is so cool!

Writer: Stephen King (I read most of his novels)

Artist: THE BEATLES (grew up on them). And what better way to cheer you up and make you happy than these guys?

Sport to play: tennis and bowling

Fashion style: dressy casual. I'm trying to figure out my dressing style now.

Song: She's Leaving Home (Beatles). Beautifully crafted and just PERFECT.

3. Kyllani

Hmm...let's see if I can do this! I'm so fickle, the answers will probably change tomorrow. :roflmao:

Movie: The Fifth Element
    TV: My favorite tv installment, we shall call it, is the Pride and Prejudice miniseries with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. I also really like Big Bang Theory and Elementary.
    Genre: Science Fiction
    Actor: I have a few. Kevin Spacey, Johnny Depp, Adrien Brody. I would probably sell my soul to Adrien Brody.
    Actress: Milla Jovovich. I also adore Eliza Dushku, but not because of her acting skills.
    TV Personality: I'm gonna have to go with Ellen on this one too. I watch her show religiously, and I love everything about her!

Book/Series: As for individual books, my favorite is definitely Nineteen Eighty-four. Series? I'm a huge Potterhead, so definitely Harry Potter. I also really like the Eve Duncan series by Iris Johansen.
    Writer: I don't have a favorite writer, really. I like Jane Austen, Iris Johansen, James Patterson, Stephen King...so many!
    Genre: I read a lot of fantasy books and mysteries.

Song: I don't think I have a favorite song.
    Artist/Band: matchbox twenty has always been my favorite band.
    Genre: I like a really eclectic selection of music. I listen to country, pop, rock, metal, classical, a little rap.

Sport(play): I'm gonna have to go out on a limb and say pool as well. It's about the only thing I play.
    Sport(watch): I'm a big hockey fan.

Fashion to wear: Uhhhh....I dunno. Geeky skater girl? I wear geeky tshirts, jeans, chucks, and a beanie...even in the dead of summer. It's just how I feel comfortable.
    What I'd wear if I felt comfortable: Were I of a different body type, and I'm working on it, I'd dress in the pin-up style. I just adore bettie page dresses!

4. qboy

Film: Lion King
    TV Show: Forbrydelsen (The Killing) - although the Simpsons has had more longevity!
    Genre: Scandinavaian drama at the moment (e.g. Forbrydelsen (The Killing) / Bron (The Bridge), Arne Dahl, Borgen, Wallander - thanks BBC Four for filling my Saturday evenings!)
    Actor (M): Leonardo Di Caprio
    Actor (F): "I'm not sure... I'm having a mind-blank, lol!"
    TV Personality - Jake Humphrey (former BBC F1 lead presenter) - one of the very few presenters who seams to be a natural, really enjoys what he is doing, but is also very knowledgeable about what he's taking about, while making it accessible for all.

Never really been a huge book reader, only just got back into it thanks to my Kindle, but...
    Book/Series - Michael Bennett series from James Patterson
    Writer: Not really read anyone enough to get an opinion - was Ronald Dahl when I was a kid though
    Genre: Crime books (but not real crime)

Song: Very hard to pick just one song - Europe's The Final Countdown, Zero 7's Destiny, and Fleetwood Mac's Little Lies all have a lot of meaning to me which means they are enjoyable songs to listen to, even if they aren't musically the best. My favourite for the music/lyrics changes on a regular basis - usually something by Savage Garden or the Manic Street Preachers though.

Artist/Band: Savage Garden and The Manic Street Peachers - both awesome in there own way.
    Genre: Constantly changes - during a day I can flit between Indie, Pop, Dance, Rock, Soul and Motown - a playlist of mine can easily flit from Dionne Warwick to Vampire Weekend to Savage Garden to Rise Against to Bette Middler to Adam Lambert to Macklemore to Luther Vandross to Fall Out Boy to Madonna to Jake Bugg to Wham! to Sash! to Dog Is Dead to Mama Cass and it sounds right to me!

Sport to play: Never really been any good at any of them, probably have to say cycling but that's more from a leisure point of view than a sport (i.e. getting out and seeing the countryside).
    To watch: Formula 1. "rather than the opportunity to perve at semi-naked people (I don't actually like the bulky shoulder look )" - There's nowt wrong with that and it's what Olympic Diving is for, fit bods (without the bulky shoulder look) and when you watch it you start getting drawn to the actual skill - watching the rowers on the local river and rowing lakes is impressive too!

Fashion style to wear: Style -haha, what's that? T-Shirt and 3/4 jean/chino length shorts is my usual - comfort all the way for me! Speaking of which Adventures In Gay | I like loose fitting clothes, I don is too true :badgrin:

5. Ardelia

Ardelia Guest

Movie: The silence of the lambs, Amelie, The talented Mr.Ripley, I Love you Phillip Morris, Taxi driver, Duel, Vertigo, Rear window, Rope, Strangers on a train...

Tv Show: Mad Men, The Sopranos, Louie, Hannibal, American horror story, Office...
    Genre: If it's good I don't care about the genre.

Actor: Anthony Hopkins, Matt Damon, Anthony Perkins, Al Pacino, Tim Roth, Mads Mikkelsen, John Hamm, Jeremy Irons, Marlon Brando, Forest Whitaker...
    Actress: Jessica Lange, Jodie Foster, Fanny Ardant, Cathy Bates, Julianne Moore, Emma Thompson, Greta Garbo, Alfre Woodard, Viola Davis, Edie Falco...

TV Personality: Ellen Degeneres.
    Book/Series: Hannibal Lecter series.
    Writer: Tolstoy, Sylvia Plath, Albert Camus, Charlotte Bronte, Thomas Harris, Jane Austen, Dostoyevsky, Stephen King...
    Genre: Can't choose.

Song: ''Your heart is as black as night'' Melody Gardot, ''Devil or angel'' Bobby Vinton, ''Maggot brain'' Funkadelic...
    Artist/Band: Jeff Buckley, Nine inch nails, Tool, Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa, Johan S. Bach, The Doors, Alessandro Scarlatti, Giacomo Puccini, Garbage, Cream, Depeche Mode, Chopin, Vivaldi, Tartini, The devil makes three, Giuseppe Verdi...
    Genre: Classical, Rock, Opera, some bluegrass...

Sport to play: Swimming, running, kayaking...
    To watch: Don't like it.
    Fashion style to wear: I'm a lost cause when it comes to fashion.

#5 Ardelia, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
  6. Samael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Movie: Beetlejuice (The first movie I’ve ever seen), Thelma & Louise and The Fifth Element.
    Tv Show: United States of Tara, Drop Dead Diva, Futurama, Family Guy and South Park
    Genre: Horror, Drama and Comedy.
    Actor (M): Jake Gyllenhaal.
    Actor (F): Milla Jovovich, Sigourney Weaver, Susan Sarandon

Song: Austra – Darken Her Horse, iamamiwhoami – Idle Talk
    Artist/Band: Austra, iamamiwhoamo, Lo-Fi-Fnk, Royksöpp…

Genre: Indie, Alternative, Synthpop

Fashion style to wear:
    I have No fashion sense. I just wear whatever it comes up and I like.
    What you'd wear if you felt comfortable enough to do so: Speedo.

7. AAASAS

Movie: Hard to say person who pasted Fifth Element got me thinking about that, so I'll say that and Fargo
    TV: Hard to say, Cartoon ; Archer or The Regular Show, TV Series ; Arrested Development or It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Channel ; Comedy or Nat Geo Jennifer
    Genre: Comedy
    Actor: David Cross or Jim Buschemi(can't spell)
    Actress: Milla Jocovich, or Portia Di Rossi
    TV Personality: Stephen Colbert or Nathan Downer(Canadians might know him)

Book/Series: Anne Rice Vampire novels.
    Writer: Anne Rice or Roald Dahl(can't spell)
    Genre: Don't read much, knowledge based text books or Science Fiction. Most of the books I got as a kid were visual dictionaries, and random fact books.

Song: Can't pick, I'll say Wiseman - Slighty Stoopid, Poor Boy Shuffle - CCR, and Man Who Sold the World and 2010 by Living Legends
    Artist/Band: Can't pick there are hundreds, Slighty Stoopid, Dj Krush, RJD2, CCR, The Whitest Boy.
    Genre: Everything, Reggae, or Neo-Jazz I couldn't live without.

Sport(play): Hockey and Soccer
    Sport(watch): Not a whole lot, I watch Hockey from time to time, I watch NASCAR the most.

Fashion to wear: Clothes, I wish I could wear swim shorts and wife beaters in the summer and sweat pants and hoodies in the winter but I mind as well move to ______(insert city you hate) if I wanted to do that.

What is Fashion anyways, clothes in patterns that arbitrarily look bad based on the decade you are in. At least music, and other forms of expression still are applicable and appreciated throughout time. Fashion is so ridiculous that we laugh at how stupid we looked years later.

Sorry I just do not appreciate something that is reliant on the acceptance of the general population to be art or a form of expression, until people can wear whatever they want without getting a second look fashion really isn't anything since you are already limited to what you can wear.(I.e how someone can like classical music and not be thought of as weird but if you dressed in classical clothes you'd be a freak)

Not saying I want to wear ridiculous shit, as I said I'd rather wear whatever is comfy, but I think if people want to use it as a form of expressing themselves they should go crazy with it or they are basically another person following trends mindlessly. I think it is easier for people to have crazy hair and crazy clothes in public now than before, but it is still under guidelines.

What I'm saying is if you want to use fashion to express yourself you should wear whatever you want and not just what you see on t.v