1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moulin Rouge

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Latinokid, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Have any of you ever seen the Moulin Rouge movie? I recently went to a Bat mitzfah party where the theme was Moulin Rouge and it was amazing. Kat Deluna also performed thier and it was just amazing. I loved it. I just watched the movie today and I think I'm in love.

2. No, I haven't seen it. But I own the soundtrack and love it! We're dancing to one of the songs in tap, and you had to buy the whole album to get the one song.... so I bought it and I really love it! ~megan~

3. CrimsonThunder

One of the greatest movies ever made.

4. Rette

I've seen the real Moulin Rouge, does that count? Stayed in a 2-star hotel a couple blocks away from it when backpacking. It's a classy looking place in another otherwise trashy neighbourhood.

5. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

That's awesome Rette! I saw the ending after I made this thread and I cried =(. I agree with CrimsonThunder......best movie ever

6. davo-man

Yeah, I agree, one of my favourite movies ever (maybe not my absolute favourite, but definately up there)

7. CrimsonThunder

Its made by Australians and is part of the red curtain trilogy, I've studied this video at school and its got heaps of hidden stuff that I cant remember. ;D Strictly ballroom is another good movie by the same guy, you should watch it Latino.

8. davo-man

Yeah and Romeo + Juliet is the third part of the Red Curtain Trilogy by Baz Luhrman, as CrimsonThunder was saying ^ ...All three are great movies, and I loved Romeo + Juliet. it would have been very interesting studing Moulin Rouge, just out of interest, what were some of the hidden things in there? *Expects to see Where's Wally now hehe*

9. neverover

1st time watch: love LOVE it. the music, the concept, the storyline. and sparkling diamond is luhrmann's modern perspective on marylin monroes 'diamonds are girls bestfriend'.
    2nd watch: its good.
    3rd watch: ....*watching the like a virgin part*....*thinking "what am i thinking?"...*turn the dvd off and plays chicago instead*

overall, its a good movie, but not that good to be played over and over. i still prefer chicago..

10. Quitex

Quitex Guest

LADY MERMALADE FTW <3333333
    I haven't checked the movie but if thats the movie where Christina Aguilera performs, YUSSSS+++++

11. Tim

Tim

Funny... It was on last night, rofl. Only saw a few min of it though, needed sleep =P

12. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just watched Strictly Ballroom last night--it's one of my all-time favourite movies ever. I think it was the first movie I ever saw multiple times in the theatre.

I still haven't watched Romeo + Juliet but I own it on DVD. I'm just waiting for the right person/people to watch it with.

Moulin Rouge is similarly amazing. Well, actually--it's totally a much more complex, lavish film. The only thing I didn't like about it is that I found the framing device really clumsy because it meant you knew through the whole movie that something awful was going to happen. I would have done it just as a straight story without flashback.

13. Zak

Zak

I've seen it before! But I like the song the best! I cant spell in french, but i know what it means. Voule vucu shay a vec mua, sis wah! (Will you sleep with me tonight?)

14. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?

(Do you want to sleep with me tonight?)

There you go. I know at least that much French.

15. Quitex

Quitex Guest

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoVeAGaO27I[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYMsA-jv1tw[/YOUTUBE]

And for the UK guyz
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPY_OKyG1_8[/YOUTUBE]

16. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

I havent seen it :frowning2: ... its on my list of movies that i have to see, but havent got round to it yet!

i saw the real place though when i went to paris .. so funny... we were on a school trip with some very religious teachers who didnt quite realise what sort of area it was in (not a place for a group of 15 year old girls to venture in the was dark lol) ...

after we had been told be a very drunk gentleman that he had a "Uge Cock," and passed numerous prostitutes the teachers decided it would be best if we took our photos and left ...