1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT related facebook covers

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by evora, May 11, 2013.

1. evora

I'm trying to find a cover for my profile on facebook but I also want it to mean something. I want to be brave and upload a picture that kind of implies I support gay rights but I don't want it to be obvious or to imply that I'm gay. Any suggestions?

I might change my mind and make another account instead that will have my real likes and preferred gender, etc. but I'll still need some ideas. :help: please?

2. June Cleaver

I added Mikes name to my Facebook and put a pic of us arm in arm as the profile pic and I selected a good pic of us nealing side by side as the top of my timeline. So the top of my page is us with the pic of us in the left corner. When I did that several of my friends asked when is the wedding? The funny part was Mike told me which pic he wanted used of us, and it was his idea which shocked me since we are not out to all and probably won't be. June

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you check out my picture album on my profile page, I have a collection of Avatars that support Gay Marriage, they are red with equals signs on them, I use one of them as my Avatar on my Facebook page :slight_smile:

4. Femmeme

I also use a marriage equality symbol, but as my cover not my profile pic.

5. evora

Thanks everyone for your suggestions:slight_smile: but I'm definitely not brave enough to use the marriage equality sign...:icon_redf

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's not just Gay People who use it, Straight People who are in support of Gay People use it as well along with any other Allie :slight_smile:

7. evora

I know but I don't feel comfortable using it on my fb page.:icon_sad:
    What about rainbow coloured stuff? Would most people associate it with being gay?

8. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Like these?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Convoy

I have the marriage equality symbol as my profile picture right now and nobody's seemed to mind; I'm just going to leave it for a while.

F*** yeah, I need more rainbow stuff; Nothing's better than Rainbows and Unicorns :newcolor:.

10. evora

Cute unicorns but I was never mad about them... I realize it might sound like I'm trying to find excuses but I'm not. I just haven't found the right picture to use yet.

About the marriage equality sign, I'm not even sure people here know what it means. Is this a US or UK thing only? Sorry I'm a bit clueless about it.:icon_redf

11. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    These are Lesbian ones :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Think the Equal sign one is universal, the good thing about it is not everyone knows what it means, but your LGBT friends probably do :slight_smile:

#11 Dublin Boy, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013