1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody here a Disney fan? / Top Ten Disney Classics

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dans le placard, May 11, 2013.

1. Dans le placard

Anybody here a Disney fan? I've basically been a fan of Disney the moment I left the womb. I think Disney animation was a huge factor in my wanting to draw and tell stories since an early age, and it definitely helped spark a lot of my other interests (from animation and art in general to fairy tales and folklore). As an adult, I am still a big Disney fan, though not to the obsessive point where I condone everything they do. Generally speaking, I prefer the animated films made during Walt Disney's lifetime (both feature films and shorts), but there's a lot of good stuff produced even to this day, whether by Pixar or Disney themselves (and NO, this does NOT include anything shown on the Disney Channel). I love Disneyland Paris, but overall, I'm not a very big theme park connoisseur (I've never been to Disneyland in California, and I last went to Disney World when I was 9 - that was in 1997!).

Anyway, here is my Top 10 list of Disney animated features. Narrowing things down to 10 is hard, and my exact rankings probably change from time to time.

1. Pinocchio
    2. Alice in Wonderland
    3. Fantasia
    4. 101 Dalmatians
    5. Aladdin
    6. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
    7. Peter Pan
    8. Beauty and the Beast
    9. The Little Mermaid
    10. Bambi

Honourable mentions: Dumbo, Lady and the Tramp, Mulan, Tangled

2. amychan12

1.The Little Mermaid
    2.Lion King
    3.Aladdin
    4.Beauty and the Beast
    5.Cinderella
    6.Sleeping Beauty
    7.Snow White
    8.Pocahantas
    9.Peter Pan
    10.101 Dalmations

3. Jared

I'm a huge Disney fan :slight_smile: I love their movies and the parks. I've gone to Disneyland almost every year since I was 3 and I went to Disney World in 2007 and 2010. I've actually been to Disneyland twice in the past month and I'm going again next weekend :slight_smile: I finally caved in and bought an annual pass last month. I probably like Disney World since it has more to do and I've been there many less times.
    (Cheating and using some Pixar movies)
    1.Lion King
    2.Aristocats
    3.Finding Nemo
    4.101 Dalmatians
    5.Mulan
    6.Peter Pan
    7.Sleeping Beauty
    8.The Little Mermaid
    9.Beauty and the Beast
    10.Toy Story

4. KingdomKeyDK

1. Does Kingdom Hearts count? If not, then Mulan
    2. The Lion King
    3. Finding Nemo
    4. Ratatouille
    5. Toy Story 3
    6. The Little Mermaid
    7. Cars
    8. Sleeping Beauty
    9. Tarzan
    10. Hercules

5. Dans le placard

No, as it's a video game, not a film! :icon_wink

And by Disney classics, I do technically mean the 50 something all or predominantly animated feature films made at and numbered by Walt Disney Animation Studios. That would therefore exclude things like Pixar films and live-action films with animated segments (Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks etc). That's not to say I dislike any of these sorts of films, however. I'd definitely put Toy Story, Ratatouille and Mary Poppins in some sort of overcrowded Disney Top 10. :lol:

6. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am not a huge fan nor obsessive about Disney but it somehow affects my life when I was young and really make my childhood awesome. I really never knew who Walt Disney is so I Googled it and decided to draw him just for fun and a thought came to me why not draw a face of Sir Walt Disney and the characters he made and it turn out like this:

[​IMG]

and I was like how did I do this?! hahahah Well I hope you like it guys those who are Disney fan out there! :grin:

7. Fiddledeedee

You mean the official Disney Animated Canon. There are 52 entries, with the latest being Wreck-It Ralph. Not all of Disney's animated films are in there, of course -- for example, The Nightmare Before Christmas was considered too dark, and I think there are a couple which are left out because they didn't do so well financially. (That's also why, say, Kida of Atlantis: The Lost Empire isn't part of the Disney Princess franchise despite being an animated Disney princess whose film is even in the Canon.)

Anyway. I love films like the Disney Animated ones! No idea what my top ten would be, 'specially since I haven't watched the whole canon yet, but let's have a go at finding some favourites. I have a thing for the princess ones, by the way. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Such dresses!

• Mulan
    • The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    • Bambi
    • The Lion King
    • Aladdin
    • Beauty and the Beast
    • Dumbo
    • Tangled

I expect that Hercules would be on this list except I haven't seen it yet. I'm working on remedying that, though.

8. Allecto

I don't care for Disney either (although I loved it as a kid, especially Snow White), but your picture is awesome!

9. Candace

OH HELL YEAH!! I love Disneyyyyyyy (although I won't openly admit it hahaha). I grew up on these movies (and have watched Disney Films in other languages besides English). Lion King, Mulan, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Tarzan, Hercules= all gooddd. I always thought that watching the movie in their appropriate language would be awesome as hell too.

Mulan= Mandarin, Tarzan= (African indigenous language), Hercules=Greek, Pocahantas=(Native Indian language), Lion King=Swahili/Zulu, Beauty and the Beast/H.B. of Notre Dame=French.

(P.S., I was never a fan of the Little Mermaid, just fyi).

"You think I'm an ignorant savage, and you've been so many places..I guess it must be so. But still I cannot see...if the savage one is me. How can there be things that you don't know? You don't know." :grin:

10. crowleaf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    1. Oliver and Company
    2. The Aristocats
    3. Lion King
    4. Robin Hood
    5. Brother Bear
    6. Hercules
    7. Pocahontas
    8. The Little Mermaid
    9. The Sword in The Stone
    10. Mulan

11. Candace

Everybody wants to be a CAT.... *tosses microphone and spotlight*

12. crowleaf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Lol, my top 3 starring cats was just a coincidence :grin:

13. Candace

but which one is your favourite?? *takes out pen and notepad*

14. crowleaf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oliver and Company actually is my favorite. I just love all the animals and stuff :wink:

15. Candace

I'm sure many of us favoured Aladdin and Tarzan for ALL the right reasons :wink: hahaha

16. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

Why thank you! :icon_wink I'm glad you like it (*hug*)

17. Dans le placard

Similarly, I'm not a really big fan of The Lion King and The Jungle Book. I don't dislike them, but I just can't feel the love for them like other people. I know I liked The Lion King quite a bit as a kid and as a teenager, but over time, I've become less warm to it. I think the whole balance between naturalism and fantasy narrative seems a bit off, along with the pace at times. That said, I love the songs, and I do think a few of them ("Circle of Life", "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" and "Hakuna Matata") are standards through and through. Similarly, I feel that The Jungle Book seems better for its parts (songs, character animation) than the sum, and it has mixed pacing. I saw a bonus feature on the DVD of The Jungle Book about the initial concepts for a planned version written by Bill Peet (the writer/storyboarder of 101 Dalmatians and The Sword in the Stone). It was supposed to be darker in tone and less episodic, and I can't help but think I would have preferred that version, despite Walt pulling the plug on it.

Yep, that image is really good. Did you just do it on a whim because of this thread, or had you been working on it before?

18. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I actually made it last summer same month last year I guess and just thought of sharing it here since they brought the topic of Disney and such. :icon_bigg

19. kylo

My all time favorite Disney movie is the Fox & the Hound. I"m shocked nobody has mentioned it yet. :astonished:

20. Persionally, I like a mix of new stuff and classics. At the moment, these are my favourite Disney films, not in any particular order.

Mulan
    Lilo And Stitch
    Lion King
    Wreck It Ralph
    Brother Bear
    Home on the Range
    The Emporer's New Groove
    Aladdin
    The Jungle Book
    The Aristocats