1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you listen to the radio?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Paul_UK, Apr 13, 2008.

?

Do you listen to the radio?

1. Yes, most days

14 vote(s)
    31.1%
  2. Yes, occassionally

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. I hear it at work or in someone's car etc but don't take much notice

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  4. No

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Inspired by a comment in Micah's thread about plugging EC on the radio....

Do you listen to the radio? If so how often and what stations? Please also say what sort of programming they have as people in other areas probably won't know them.

Me, yes, quite a lot of the time (at work, in the car and at home in the evenings), normally BBC Hereford and Worcester (good variety of music from the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s plus local news etc and no adverts).

2. Louise

AAAggghhhh NEVER listen to the radio, the white noise invariably in the background gets on my nerves.

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Radio City 96.7 :grin: It has mainly chart music or whatever, depending on the DJ. It's one of the popular stations for the North West. :grin:
    [​IMG]
    Tis also very hard to miss when in the city centre. :wink: I can actually see it from the end of my street. :grin:

I also like Magic FM.

I only listen to them when i am in the car or really bored and that is the only way i can get music. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Steam Giant

Just about the only benefit of listening to the radio is that it makes songs that are normally "okay" sound really good after hours of garbage. Other than that, no - it's a waste of eardrum usage.

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I hate radio stations that play the same 20 or so songs over and over again. BBC Radio One is like that, as are many of the commercial stations here. I like lots of variety

6. panda

I listen to 107.1 Classic Rock, Classical, and Talk Radio in my Van. In my home office it's my music from Napster and my cd's.

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't listen to radio and I never have very much. About the most I've ever listened to it was when I was using my alarm clock's radio alarm function.

I think if you don't drive or aren't often in a private vehicle (which I don't and rarely am) then you very rarely listen to the radio. I mean my parents listened to the radio in their cars all the time but I nearly never do, and if I do I listen over the Internet because the static otherwise is dreadful.

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It's interesting that you and Louise commented on noise and static etc. Maybe it's a country thing, because FM reception in the UK is very good almost everywhere. BBC Hereford and Worcester here (on FM) is clean and clear in stereo with no hiss, crackles or anything. And that's just with the wire aerial that came with the hi-fi pinned to the wall.

9. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes well Canada is just a little bit vaster than the UK, and quite a lot more sparsely populated, so that probably has a lot to do with it. :lol:

When I was in England last month, my great-aunt was saying what a long trip it was for one of her sons and his family to come from just north of London to Crowborough to visit her. And I asked, "How long a trip is that?" And she said it was just over an hour.

I nearly laughed: my mum used to make that length of trip about twice a month to come visit me and I used to bus 1.5 hours each way, twice a day, to get from home to high school and later uni. Apparently the notion of "long trip" varies by country.

O Canada! The True North pretty much empty and somewhat free.

Everyone in the UK needs to come here to BC just to see our mountains and forests. You'd seriously freak out. And since BC is nearly 4 times as big as the UK, we could fit you! Hope you like camping, though--we have a bit of a housing crunch right now.

10. John666

John666 Guest

magic 105.4 plays the same tracks over and over again, my mum likes it though:eek:
    I like capital 95.8 though(!)

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I listen to the radio occassionally on my computer but always in the car. I usually listen to soft rock.

12. Grof142007

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: you get DJ ON RADIOS STATION GET OUT i wish we had that

meh ill listen to a few station R&B"97.1QMAG", Hip Hop/Rap "102.1JAMS", Pop "107.5 KZL" this one play all type of music

so yea but mostly im listening to my MP3 player

13. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

The only time is when I'm in my car, but that's practicaly everyday, so yeah I do.

14. xavier28

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sometimes i guess

15. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I listen to it everyday on the way to work (MP3 player with radio) and also in the car.

16. sdc91

When I'm in Houston, I'll listen to 104.1 KRBE or Mix 96.5.
    When I'm in Dallas, I don't listen to it much but I occasionally turn on 106.1 KISSFM.

No matter where I am, I always listen to radio ffn and radio.de.

radio ffn is basically Top 40 + "Kulthits" (horrible 80's music) for Niedersachsen and radio.de is basically NPR for Germany.

17. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Yup everyday mostly coz i go to work in a car.. so , always listen to galaxy102 and key103

18. HalfInsane

With the exception of listening to the occasional song in the car, I never listen to the radio. I might more often if it weren't for the fact that we only have three radio stations here... and they're all lame, lame, or lamer. Oh the joys of living in this crummy little town.

19. Emile

Emile Guest

I never listen to the radio except at work or in the bus.

20. I hear the radio when I'm in another person's car or at school, but I'm usually too busy talking or listening to my MP3 player to care about it.