1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sir Alex

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MrBrightside, May 12, 2013.

1. MrBrightside

I was a bit surprised that theres no thread about Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement from football and his big send off at old trafford today.

Undoubtedly the best manager that ever has and ever will live. He took Aberdeen (my team) to win 2 european trophies and dominate domestic football, as we had never and may never do again. Then he takes Man U from 19th in the league to now one of the worlds top 3 teams, winning 13 premier league titles along the way (hadnt won for 26 years prior to fergie).

I personally think he will be a big miss to football. Man U will undoubtedly suffer his absence but he does deserve a good retirement!:eusa_clap

2. That Kid

It's certainly sad to see him go, but I'm excited for what comes ahead for United!

3. Candace

It's sad to see him go. All we can do is pray and hope that the next coach is even better and will lead this team to success.

4. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

End of an era with him going. I will miss his rants and "fergie time" haha.

David Moyes is probably the best option for the job, since hes quite similar to Ferguson. They only have to beat Wigan in the community shield, then he has his first trophies at United.

5. RedPowerRanger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    He was a great manager. The best that will ever be. It was a shock to hear he stepping down but glad we have David Moyes. I have faith in him to deliver.

6. caughtbywitness

He was great and all that but I am a little tired of hearing it! Maybe that's because I'm a city fan though...

Anyway, odds on how long Moyes staying longer than one season? haha

7. The Dude

As an American, I don't follow much premiere league, but the MLS. One time my team, the Philadelphia Union played United in a friendly during United's off season. My brother is such a United fan, he spent $300 dollars for two tickets behind the Man U bench, front row. I was about 20 feet from Sir Alex in Philadelphia that day. I wore a Union shirtto the game, yet of the 40,000ish people there, it was 90% United fans. Great day. Even as an American who is more into American football, baseball and hockey, I could appreciate seeing a legend in person.

He'll be missed by everyone. Not only as a great manager, but a classy person.