1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite festive movie and song/CD

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Paul_UK, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Since it's that time of year....

What are your favourite Christmas movies? Something where Christmas is a main theme so can't really be shown at any other time of the year.

And what are your favourite Christmas songs and/or CDs? If it's a CD it should be one that was recorded as a Christmas CD, not a record company compilation of stuff from various people.

In both cases you can have more than one.

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

OK, my answers:

Movie - Muppets Christmas Carol! I'm not greatly into movies, and this is just a good fun film for after Christmas dinner.

CDs - Phil Spector's Christmas Gift For You, Carpenters Christmas Portrait. And if I am getting fed up of the whole thing then any of the Bob Rivers Christmas parody CDs.

Songs - Band Aid, Do they know it's Christmas (the original) because it's an amazing collaboration that showed the true meaning of Christmas. Others that I would have listed a month ago have been played excessively on the radio for the last three weeks and I'm getting fed up of them now.

3. ampthejazz

I don't know about movies or songs, but my favorite Christmas album is Sufjan Stevens' new album "Songs for Christmas." Then again anything by Sufjan Stevens is incredible.

I'm Jewish by the way, so me being into really into a Christmas album really says something. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Favourite christmas Movie - Oliver Twist (dunno why, just seem to always watch it at christmas)

CD - No Idea

Song - Fairtytales of Newyork ~ The Pogues

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yes, Fairytale of New York is an excellent Christmas song - I forgot that one yesterday!

I have received "All Angels" and "Angelis" CDs for Christmas today so I'll play those later. Maybe additions to the list?

6. chrisg

I, too, like "Muppet Christmas Carol." Another good movie, a little more recent, is "Last Holiday," starring Queen Latifah. Not *exactly* a Christmas movie, but it's close. :slight_smile:

And my favorite album is "Charlie Brown Christmas." Vince Guaraldi is such a talented jazz pianist!! Of course, since I'm a church music geek, I also enjoy the King's College Choir Christmas stuff.

7. tired_of_lying411

Conway Twitty and his little friends - "Merry Twistmas" is a long-rooted tradition in our family. It's so merry and goofy, it's impossible not to love.

Although my new fave has to be Sarah McLachlan's Wintersong... although I havent listened to many holiday themed albums this year.. The only downfall with Wintersong is how sad it is.. its not exactly cherry.. more like a good old wallowing track if you need to mourn about something.. but still nice... very peaceful.

8. GuitarGirl1350

Merry Christmas with Love (the cd title) by Clay Aiken. It's simply amazing.

9. misterdinkles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hahaha i don't have a favorite christmas CD, but i really like the charlie brown reruns they play on TV and A Christmas Story =)

10. TriBi