1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marvel or DC?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by StellaLea, May 16, 2013.

1. StellaLea

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not sure how many of you may be comic books fans, but I know many people are one or the other. I'm sure many people are going to go with the team Switzerland card and like both...
    But I am a devout Marvel reader.
    So,
    Marvel or DC Comics?

2. soconfused97

I have to go Marvel purely for the young avengers couple of Wiccan and the Hulkling, just dawwwwww. http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66206/1338613-wiccan__hulkling___speed_1.jpg

^^^ look at it y'all.

That's not to say I don't heavily enjoy DC, all except Superman. I mean her never has more than one plot I feel like. "Oh no, enemy has Kryptonite, I'm essentially a human.. . .*after a few minutes* Yay! Human friend removed Kryptonite, now I can beat up the bad guy with my intensely over-powered self" Y'know? Anybody? Okay.

3. Foxface

wow tough...on one hand I have XMen and Fantastic Four and of course the greatest comic book character in the history of comics...Thanos

Now then...the problem is DC has my first love, Supergirl and it also has Booster Gold

Overall...I really don't know

Foxface

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely DC. I grew up loving Batman. He is still my favorite superhero.

5. Candace

I mean...I like both....so hard to choose...I like Spiderman, but I like Batman/Superman as well...

6. Femmeme

What about Darkhorse, IDW and Image? Those are what I read the most of these days.

As for the other two... I started on DC with Amethyst Princess of Gemworld, then switched to Marvel for Xmen, Then Vertigo (DC imprint) for Sandman...

I don't buy into the comic publisher loyalty thing. Give me a good story and compelling art, I could care less who published it.

7. GeorgieBoy

That's a tough one! Right now I'm probably reading more Marvel, but I still love DC. The only IMAGE I read is The Walking Dead.
    I think someone said it before me, but Young Avengers is one of my favorites because of Hulkling and Wiccan.
    So yeah, I guess I lean a bit more towards Marvel. But I have to say, i'm probably looking forward to Man of Steel more than any other comic book movie this year.

8. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    DC. Lately, I've been dwindling in Darkhorse and I effeminately like what I've been seeing, however I'll always stick with DC for hero-comics.

I like DC for many reasons, but I truly love how well entwined all the series are and the storylines are sooooo amazing.

But, I love Spiderman, Ironman (Well, actually RDJ), and Gambit.

9. Femmeme

I HIGHLY recommend checking out Saga, I picked up the trade on FCBD and it's brilliant!
    It's my new favorite thing since Locke and Key is coming to an end.

10. 4ever Hearth

Hmmm I am a Comic Newbie but from what I know thus far I have to go with Marvel. They are definitely my first love due to The X-Men specifically Jean and all, I mean all of her stories/lives :lol:, And I enjoyed how the Team was always malleable. So one moment it would have a dynamic based upon Command/Tactic with Cyclops or Ororo at the lead. Then it would have a dynamic based upon Scientific Capability with Prof X, Beast and/or Jean at the lead. And they were almost always adding someone or something new that would shake the dynamic a little more. Also, they were almost always well written. I have no idea what it's like to be able to shoot a beam from my eyes, move something with my mind or create weather patterns via thought or emotion but I could relate.

But I must admit, DC does have my heart when it comes to Super girl, Zatanna and Vixen(though I have not had the pleasure of reading any storylines solely based on them).

Now I have dabbled in Dark Horse due to the "Buffy Season 8 Novels" and I am looking to do a bit more with other series.

11. StellaLea

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm actually not a large comic reader. I've mainly stuck to Marvel for some late night reading. I have a big crush on Thor and Tony Stark.
    And yes, Jane is also one of my favorite characters.

12. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm more of a fan of DC, but I read more Marvel. That said, I'm a random reader, so there is no one major company I favor. Darkhorse, IDW, and numerous obscure companies are within my pull list.

13. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to have go with Marvel, I love reading Young Avengers, X-Men, Deadpool, and Runaways.

Although, I do enjoy Batwoman, Teen Titans, and Batman (I grew up reading Batman). I don't enjoy them as much as the Mavel titles, I don't know why.

14. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Marvel.
    X-Men FTW.

15. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't really like either, I'm more into anime.

16. Dans le placard

I'm more of a casual comics fan, but I am definitely more partial to Marvel.

17. vyvance

Marvel. The only comics I read are Spider-man, so they win by default.

18. sunnii

I'm not a comic book reader so I'm judging the characters from what I've seen in films.

Marvel hands down. Daredevil is one of my fav films ever let alone superhero films but I also really like the X Men (particularly X3) and Spider-Man. Only DC superhero films I've enjoyed are the batman ones (original, returns and Dark Night-haven't seen the last one yet, begins was Ok and the on,y good things about the chris o'donnel ones were chris o'donnel)

19. Bolin

Marvel, by far. Which doesn't mean that I don't like DC, I LOVE DC comics, but Marvel so much more. xD It's easier to keep up with the continuity, and I don't have to deal with major reboots ("New 52" much? ...).