1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doctor Who Series 7 finale

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by theMaverick, May 19, 2013.

1. theMaverick

WARNING : THERE WILL BE SPOILERS HERE. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT TURN AROUND NOW AND DON'T LOOK BACK UNTIL YOU'VE WATCHED IT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Theories about John Hurt as the Doctor

1.) He's the Valeyard. The Doctor said he's the one who broke the promise. This Doctor obviously did something awful. Bloodsoaked.

2.) He's the 9th Doctor. Come on, he kind of looks like him. The jacket and all. This is their way of telling Eccleston to shove off for being a dick.

3.) He's some kind of past Doctor that they all forgot. Like the rumors I've been hearing that don't make a damn bit of sense IMO. He's actually the 9th Doctor but in the Time War he somehow regenerated and forgot himself. This to me is the least likely theory, as it's just too hard to explain.

4.) He's a future regeneration of the Doctor who did something horrible, therefore not in the name of The Doctor.

River theories

What was up with this version of River? Is this is last we see of River? Did she somehow
    escape the Hard Drive in the library? Will there be more of River?

50th anniversary.

This obviously leads right into the 50th somehow. What do you think the 50th anniversary special will be? Plots? Premises? I think something will have to go very very horribly wrong for the 10th Doctor to be brought into it all.

Please tell me what you think of my ideas, share your ideas, and discuss

2. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfortunately Sir John Hurt cannot be the Valeyard, the Valeyard is the 14th regeneration, with his tardis looking as a stone sarcophagus with the 13 previous incarnations faces engraved on it.

3. theMaverick

Okay that's an interesting thing I did not know.

4. CTJ

CTJ

I hope it isn't the last we see of River. She is one of my favourite characters, always entertaining. It was great that we got to see the Doctor acknowledge his love for her as well.

I am ridiculously excited for more who, i hate that it wont be until November :frowning2:

5. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The realization that you went to look up a character from the original run of Doctor Who and ended up spending the last 3 hours pouring over Doctor Who related information.

6. Black Swan

I loved the finale. Definitely the pick of the series.

All I could think was JOHN. HURT.

7. MrBrightside

I wondered if its as simple as the promise being the "doctors oath", like to help (cure) people and not fight.

If thts the case then it stands to reason that this could be a link back to the time war, as he committed genocide. Did he not wipe of the sloveen too?

8. I have no theory to offer. All I know is that I am Hooked! :slight_smile:

9. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And all those theories about Clara; I loved how Moffat proved us all wrong.
    She's not the next doctor, but she has been linked to him since the very beginning.

10. JuvenileSuccess

Really cannot wait for the 50th anniversary Doctor Who. David Tennant is my favourite actor so I was already looking forward to the episode prior to the finale, but John Hurt!!! Words cannot describe my excitement. I'm torn on whether they're going to link him being the Doctor but not the Doctor back to the Time War or not. Because although the genocide of both his own people and the Daleks is a terrible act that could cause him not to be the Doctor any longer, the ending of the Time War is generally credited to him as the Doctor. Not the NotDoctor. If that makes any sense at all.