1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HS graduation CD gift

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Femme, May 22, 2013.

1. Femme

This is not for me. It's for one of the students. He happens to be in the GSA club at school but I know him from a different school club.

I love the new song Brave by Sara Bareilles and so I wondered why she wrote the song. I found out that she wrote it for a good friend of hers that is struggling with Coming Out. Now I love that song even more. So that gave me the idea to create a CD with affirming songs that would be a playlist to listen to when people treat you like crap because of who you love or how you identify.

He is a biological female that identifies as male. He is just that kind of student that is intelligent, personable and just an all around good person that helps others. I know he has had issues at school. We had a nice long conversation at a school event where he spoke to me at length about wanting to become a teacher.

So I know people don't really listen to CDs, that seems to be the easiest way to share a playlist.

So any recommendations for the playlist. What songs do you listen to she you need to remind yourself that you are pretty darn fabulous even if people are being mean to you?

Thanks for any suggestions.