1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imagine

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dublin Boy, May 27, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Would you like to live in this World? :slight_smile:

[YOUTUBE]7jrtty7pCCc[/YOUTUBE]

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The words are so poignant, give it a play, read the words & give your opinion :slight_smile: (!)(!)(!)

3. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

I love this song, but it always reminds me of Kathy Griffin, because in one of her stand up specials she talks about Sharon Stone giving a speech about this song. I lol whenever I hear it.

4. Hexagon

I would definitely like to live in that world :slight_smile: I love that song.

5. caughtbywitness

6. Perseus

Yes I love this song, I feel like the words put us all together as one. :slight_smile: (*hug*)

7. rg93

I love this song, too. I also really like the cover done by Sam Tsui on Kurt Hugo Schneider's channel.

[YOUTUBE]8QqAVFwGwaI[/YOUTUBE]

@Dublin Boy, yes, a world as described in the song sounds very comfortable and peaceful. I'm not quite sure about the "world with no possessions" bit, maybe i'm misunderstanding it as in "nothing is truely your own". Because I'd really like to keep my PC for example, hehe :grin:

But, alas, it is impossible, I'm afraid. :frowning2: It's within human nature to "own things" and "draw lines in the ground". One strives to become better than the other. Competition is a good thing, it keeps on our toes and do our very best :slight_smile: But in so many cases, it somehow mutates into rivalry and hate. Even if two rivals don't personally get to know eachother, that standard "hatred" and prejudice is there. And that just blows my mind how many people think like that :confused: It may have a lot to do with upbringing, concidering the last world war isn't so far back.

I find it quite saddening, because these problems in society have been around since the dawn of mankind and I don't think it will get much better than it is now, at least not in our lifetime.

8. DelFelidae

I find it really sad, yes, I'd like to live in that world, but the world will never be like that.
    I guess I'm just a really negative person:icon_sad: but that song makes me want to cry...:tears::tears::tears:

9. Candace

I immediately thought of the Beatle's song hahaha. And perhaps I would...since John Lennon would be in it and not dead....

10. lawRAWR

I love this song. I found something interesting though, about John Lennon, showing that he was rather hypocritical, as shown in this song:

"Lennon was a perfect example of someone who lived by the hypocritical dictum of “do as I say, not as I do.” As his critics sometimes point out, all you have to do is go straight to his songs. The man who sang “imagine no possessions” lived a millionaire’s life in a posh New York hotel. The man who sang “imagine no religion” was obsessed with every spiritual and New Age fad that came his way, including Hindu meditation, the I-Ching, and astrology of all kinds. The man who sang “all you need is love” was a bitter, violent, and angry man who abused his family and friends. The man who praised having “nothing to kill or die for” helped finance and publicize radical groups who extolled the use of violence. "

11. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wouldn't believe everything you read, he didn't live in a hotel, he lived in a appartment block called the Dakota Building, it is true that he looked into many religions, looking for answers, but he never found any, I think the last bit about, being violent & abusive was made up by Kitty Kelly a author who upset may of the stars who she wrote about, she tended to exaggerate unfounded stories & present them as fact, John Lennon did have a lot of anger about his childhood & would have been the first to admit that he was not perfect, the only thing he did support with a passion was world peace, he could have had body guards & lived behind an electric fence like most celebrities, but he chose to live in a apartment block, often walking through the park, mixing with everyday people, this unfortunately was to be his undoing, as he was approached by a man on the street, entering his apartment block & was shot down in cold blood.