1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Songs of transition and empowerment

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by pnattmbtc, May 28, 2013.

1. pnattmbtc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This song was an inspiration to me when I was young and I am finding just how relevant(!) it is to my life now..Mama Cass Elliott from the "Puffnstuff" movie...

Take a listen and then share your thoughts along with your recommendation

Mama Cass Elliot - Different - YouTube

(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

---------- Post added 28th May 2013 at 01:23 AM ----------

Thanks to biAnnika for the suggestion of a new thread title and the recommendation of a

GREAT Jimmy Eat World song

Jimmy Eat World - The Middle - Lyrics - YouTube

Your turn!

2. Candace

It's in French....but you should look up Je Suis Moi (I am me) by Shy'm. It's GREAT STUFF!

3. Jordz

Who You Are - Jessie J

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [youtube]28gmaQ3vEng[/youtube]

(And for those who want to know how to do youtube tags: find your URL: www dot youtube dot com/watch?v=28gmaQ3vEng. Remove the last part: 28gmaQ3vEng. Put in youtube tags as follows [ youtube ] 28gmaQ3vEng [ / youtube ])

5. Spurned

Spurned Guest

Not exactly a song, but "Shift Happens" is an awesome project which I saw back in 2008/2009 and it's now updated yearly. This is the 2012 one (the information's a little outdated, but it's super cool of their predictions):

Shift Happens Latest

And this is the original one I saw:

Shift Happens UK

I don't know how they got so popular, but I remember being the only one commenting on a version of the oldest one for years.

Sorry they're not exactly songs, but they are amazing. We got shown those two versions (I didn't exactly check the latest one because it was a struggle to find the oldest) throughout school and they're just amazing.

EDIT: The links also show pretty much the same information, but obviously there's little differences.

---------- Post added 29th May 2013 at 11:59 AM ----------

I can't add to my previous post, but I found the official Did You Know 4.0, everyone had their own presentations added and stuffs, but we didn't see this one:

Shift Happens 4.0

#5 Spurned, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013