1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new(er) Karate Kid movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Argentwing, May 28, 2013.

1. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My gf and I just finished watching it for the second or third time. While I've heard mixed reviews about it, I think it's phenomenal. Not just Jackie Chan's awesome fight scene where he crushes everyone without using a single strike, but the sheer emotional range and intensity, the slick stylistic choices, and breathtaking scenery. It's not without its faults, but they are tiny in comparison to the big picture.

Anybody else agree? Feel free to mention the old ones, because the first is a classic for a reason. But I think Jaden Smith's version was a wonderful remake.

[​IMG]

2. Candace

I would say that the first version is always better. (since you know...it's their original idea)...but if it has Jackie Chan in it, then you have to believe that it's still very good! :grin:

3. alwayshope11

I liked this one

4. Hiems

I watched this version but not the original one. I actually enjoyed this recent version. That one part where Jackie Chan cried in the car made me cry... his story got to me.

5. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That is the only karate kid i watched. So that one i like.

I saw a trailer of a karate kid with hilary swank on it.

6. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I liked the movie, especially because it had Jackie Chan in it. It was better in a way than the other three in hat it wasn't as corny but I think that was the charm of the original three.

7. FemCasanova

The first three were cheesy, but charming! And they`re classics :grin:
    Loved Mr. Myagi.

But the new one was very good, and had some great performances! So, I enjoyed it. Jackie Chan hates to cry during movies, he has huge difficulties with it, and according to an interview he was struggling getting emotional in the scene in this movie, until little Jaden started crying and he got pulled with it. I thought that was a charming story.