1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fav. song quotes

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by FreeFlow9917, May 30, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

Song lyric quotes
    1. Eminem- The way i am " I am whatever you say i am, and if i wasnt, then why would you say i am, in the paper, the news, everyday i am_ radio won't even play my jams."
    2. Five finger death punch- Ashes "Love me, Hate me, Isolate me, every day that i'm alive. Straight up mentally unstable, you don't have to like my life."
    :icon_bigg

2. Emberblaze

Flyleaf, Fire Fire- "You're afraid of who you are... Crying 'cause your father's gone... Dreaming 'til you hit the truth, you'll find you have nothing to lose... You'll find you have nothing to prove."

Evanescence, Where Will You Go- "I'm so sick of speaking words that no one understands... I can hear you in a whisper, but you can't even hear me screaming."

TWEWY, The One Star- "I'm not the one who is good at pretending, I am the one who's tired of depending, I am the one who can't bear it anymore, I'm not the one who can live all alone!"

3. Candace

The Beatles-She's Leaving Home: "Fun is the one thing money can't buy"

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jimmy Buffett: "Bouncin' on a bubble full of trouble in the summer sun." Or pretty much any damn thing that guy puts in a song. He's a lyrical genius.

Another of his: "I came from the north, escaping convention-- a modern invention that won't let me be."

Los Lonely Boys: "How far is Heaven, Lord, can you tell me?"

Jesse Winchester: "My songbird wants her freedom; don't you think I know? But I just can't find it in myself to let my songbird go. I just can't let her go." Such poignancy in music is often attempted, but this guy nails it like no other.

The Beatles: "But when you want money for people with minds that hate... All I can tell you is, brother, you'll have to wait."

#4 Argentwing, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
  5. justjade

"I'm gonna make it to the moon if I have to crawl." from "Scar Tissue" by Red Hot Chili Peppers. Wanna get that tattooed on my arm.

6. Foxface

TLC - Waterfalls - "Believe in yourself, the rest is up to me and you"

I miss Left Eye

Foxface

7. FreeFlow9917

Eminem- Cleanin' out my Closet " see you can trick me, but youll never figure me out."
    Papa Roach- Lifeline " i tore down the walls i built around myself... ive been looking for a lifeline, for what seems like a lifetime, drowning out the pain, breaking down again, looking for a lifeline."

8. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Lana Del Rey-Off To The Races" I'm your little harlot, starlet, Queen Of Coney Island, raisin hell all over town, sorry 'bout it.

In This Moment-Adrenalize " Shove your kiss straight through my chest, I can't deny, Id die without this, make me feel like a god, music, love, and sex.

9. BornInTexas

The Mowgli's - San Francisco
    "I've been in love with love and the idea of something binding us together, you know that love is strong enough. And I've seen time tell tales about that systematic drug, yeah that heart that beats as one. It's collectively, unconsciously composed."

Maybe Next Summer - You're Mine
    "I could write a million songs to say how I feel, cause I felt it from you, and you know that it's so real. I'll dress it up to emphasize. I'll tell the whole world that you were everything I could ever dream. You are the part of me that I could never see. You are the force behind a kiss that makes me move, you know it's you."

Simple Plan - Welcome To My Life
    "Do you ever feel like breaking down? Do you ever feel out of place? Like somehow you just don't belong, and no one understands you? Do you ever want to run away? Do you lock yourself in your room with the radio on, turned up so loud that no one hears you screaming?"

Letters and Lights - Missing You
    "Autumn days and Summer nights, the mess we made with the pointless fights, it's all that I crave. Wish you didn't say goodbye to rain and city lights. Well now you're gone, and I don't know why. I won't do, I'm missing you, I'm missing you."

10. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maroon 5 - Payphone
    "I've wasted my nights, you turned out the lights, now I'm paralyzed, still stuck in that time when we called it love, but even the sun sets in paradise."

Mayday Parade - Oh Well Oh Well
    "Oh well, oh well, guess I'll see you in hell. There's a pretty little picture that's in my head."

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - A Wake
    "They say thirty is the new twenty, And twenty is the new thirty shit I guess, Makes sense, cause fifteen year olds seem twenty, And twenty five year olds seem ten."

11. BornInTexas

Boys Like Girls - Be Your Everything
    "I'll be your shelter. I'll be your storm. I'll make you shiver. I'll keep you warm. Whatever weather, baby I'm yours. Be your forever, be your fling. Baby, I will be your everything."

KnowMads - Tom Pepe - Changes
    "Does love mean fight despite the pain of seeing things stay the same? I want to see people in power tell the truth and teachers being proud to help the youth. I want to know it's real cause we felt the proof, so nobody gives up thinking 'what's the use' cause instead of hate I want to deal with love for these people who be feeling stuck. Too many go without meals and such to feel like change ain't real for us."

Bowling For Soup - I'm Gay
    "Don't hate us cause we're happy. Don't hate us cause we're beautiful. Don't hate us if we make you smile, or if we go the extra mile to make someone feel better on a really shitty day. If you're hearing what I'm saying, say I'M GAY! I'M GAY WOO! I'M GAY!"

The Wonder Years - Melrose Dinner
    "I guess I'm just down. I guess I'll be honest; I could use you around. I can't stand the dork that you're hanging with now."

A Day To Remember - All I Want
    "All I want is a place to call my own. To mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone. You know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low."

12. yellowsun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    The following is from the song Fade Away which is sung by Celine Dion.

Once touched by pain, you're not the same, but time can heal your heart again. So let the clouds that bring you down just fade away.

13. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Omnia - Dance Until We Die

I don't need no one's permission
    to live my life 'cause that's been given
    Now I'm the pope of paganism
    Putting the fun back in the fundamentalism
    So if you need someone's permission
    To live your life just like you wanna
    You have it, here, I give it to you
    Along with this fat bag of marijuana.

14. Black Swan

"Kill all the blacks, and kill all the reds. And if there's war between the sexes then there'll be no people left. And so it goes. Go round again but now and then you wonder who the real men are." - Real Men, Joe Jackson

^ It always makes me cry because it's so sad, deep and true.

15. bethpurple

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Nightwish - Wish I Had an Angel: "I'm in love with my lust, burning angel wings to dust." - No deep meaning here, I just love how it sounds.

Dido - Hunter: "I want to be a hunter again, I want to see the world alone again, to take a chance on life again. so let me go-"

Icon For Hire - Get Well: "Don't tell the others but it's all getting old, how many times must our stories be told? Being alone is only fun in a group, it sorta loses its charm when it's true. I meant it when I said, I wanna get well, I wanna get well. All the rest of you so content to stay where you are but it hurts like hell."

16. LesbianKitten

My Signature ^3^ Make it Stop by Rise Against

17. YellowBird

YellowBird Guest

Pretty much all of my favorite quotes come from my favorite band, Bright Eyes. I am continually amazed at just how relatable almost every song is, ahem, anyways here are few of them for you all...

"I took off my shoes and walked into the woods. I felt lost and found with every step I took."

"If everything that happens is supposed to be and it's all predetermined, can't change your destiny, I guess I'll just keep movin' someday maybe I'll get to where I'm goin' "

"Greed is a bottomless pit and our freedoms a joke, we're just takin' a piss, while the whole world must watch the sad, comic display...If you're still free start running away cause we're coming for ya!"

Conor Oberst is a genius in his craft, just sayin' heh

18. Counting Stars

I'm a Malaysian Chinese. Now living in Sydney
    Nicki Minaj Starships - "Let's go to the beach, each, let's go get away."

Hahahaha just kidding!! My favourite song quote is actually from Avril Lavigne, Keep Holding On-

"Keep holding on, cuz you know we'll make it through, make it through. Just stay strong, cuz you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you." :slight_smile:

19. FruitFly

Right now my favourites are ...

Well I never told you to love me, that's your sort of greed
    Lori McKenna – Swallows Me Whole

My heart moves with the morning sun, it's not ready to set for anyone
    Mary Gauthier – Slip of the Tongue

Smell this tea, and dream of what could be, defeated yet again, by tea with cinnamon
    Katzenjammer – Tea With Cinnamon

Sweetheart, (my) darling, slightly charming, wrap me in nettles and thorns
    Birdeatsbaby – The Trouble

He greets me with kisses when good days deceive him, and sometimes we're scorned and sometimes I believe him, and sometimes I'm convinced, my friends think I'm crazy
    Laura Marling – My Manic and I

I'm lost and alone and I'm fair and I'm free, you am what you is and I are who I be, what I'm lacking in strength I make up for in smarts, you keep your stability i'll keep my heart
    Kimya Dawson – Wandering Daughter

I'll catch the elevator just in time, for you to cue-the-violins, and hey miss splender pretender, I guess im leaving 'cause i know it wont work, so cue the violins
    The Mascara Story – Cue The Violins

It's not like I'm a slut, or that I really like to fuck, I just want every boy I see, to walk away with part of me, until there's nothing left to hold, until there's nothing left to hate,I appreciate your help, but even you can't save me from myself
    Her Space Holiday – Japanese Gum

20. GeorgieBoy

"I've liked you for a thousand years." Great line that I'd one day like to confess to my crush :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Heard in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. The song it's heard in is 'Scott Pilgrim' by Plumtree and apparently hugely influenced the writer of the Scott Pilgrim books! ( starting with the name I'd guess :wink: ) :astonished: