1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E=mc^2 Fails!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by alex0791, Apr 19, 2008.

1. alex0791

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, so as ALL you guys know, Mariah released her eleventh studio album on April 15th, 2008. The album is called "E=MC^2" meaning Emancipation (E), equals (=) Mariah Carey (MC) to the second power (^2) or that this is the 2nd and better album from The Emancipation of Mimi that Mariah Carey has done. That's what the whole eqution/title means... (VERY CREATIVE.) But anyways, "Touch My Body" has already hit #1 on the Billboard Charts ultimatley making her the most successful Solo Artist of the Hot 100 Era. With that, she releases "E=MC^2" hoping that it will sell as well as her 2005 10,000,000(million) Best Selling album "The Emancipation of Mimi." I have bought the new album but I think it's not matching the success of her previous one. Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT album, just not good enough to reach the standards of The Emancipation of Mimi. Although it has sold 150,000 copies just in the first day of release!!!! And her new song "Bye Bye" is still wonderful and is expected to become her 19th #1 single as it is ALREADY #6 on iTunes Top 100!

For those of you who have bought the album, do you think it's worthy to The Emancipation of Mimi?"
    ---Yes
    ---No WAY!
    ---IT'S BETTER!

And what's your favorite track? Mine's "I'm That Chick!!!!" ITS SO CATCHY!

#1 alex0791, Apr 19, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  2. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

I loved TEOM much better, but I love this album as well. I'm a HUGE Mariah fan.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the new album is a better album, all around, than Mimi.
    But that comes at the expense of sounding less like a Mariah Carey album.

It's an enjoyable album. I don't dislike any tracks on there, which is unusual for me. But the thing is - many of the songs could be ANYBODY. The vocals are so ProTooled on many tracks that it could be Rihanna or Beyonce or (random R&B singer) doing them. Only on occasion does she have a turn of the phrase or run that I recognize as Mariah Carey. I understand she's older, her voice isn't as strong, and I wasn't surprised that she didn't do those multi-octave runs that she used to do in every single song, whether they called for them or not. (Then she attempted one on the last track. And it sounded awfully weak. Wish she hadn't.) But she can still hold a tune, can't she? She can still SING, right? That IS her best feature, right? So why all the digital manipulation? (I know, I know - "it sells".)

So is it better? Depends. "Charmbracelet" sounded like Mariah Carey, but it wasn't very good. (When the best song is a Def Leppard cover, you're in trouble.) "E=MC^2" is good, but it doesn't sound very much like Mariah Carey.

Lex

4. RobbIsFlyyy

I've not bought the album yet, but I have seen it in stores. The cover is amazing. Such a great photo of Mariah. My favourite song on the album, I'd have to say, is "Touch My Body". It's provocative, sexy, flirty, and I'm glad it went all the way to #1 on the charts. :]