1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concerts, anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by jokesonyou, Jun 2, 2013.

1. jokesonyou

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a huge fan of live music, concerts, and music in general. Love to go to them, even if I'm not a big fan of the genre of music in general. I just wanted to know if there were a few concert hoppers such as myself on here!

Listing your most recent concert would be cool, and if you have any funny concert stories, feel free to say them :grin:

For me, last week I went to the Marianas Trench concert last week while they were with Air Dubai at Warehouse Live in Houston, and I went to Free Press Summer Fest to see Japandroids and Postal Service. Saw Of Monsters and Men while I was there too!

2. Lady

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Last concert I went to was also a Marianas Trench concert - got DWW's signatures, pretty awesome. But the greatest concert memory I have would have to be from the Black Veil Bride's concert in Jan, I was front center of the barricades and caught their bass players pick- best night ever.

3. Candace

I went to a Mozart Concert in Vienna, Austria. It was fantastic :grin:

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only ones I've ever been to are Los Lonely Boys/Carlos Santana (LLB were insane!) and Joe Satriani. He was good, but I didn't like his style quite as much.

If I don't get to see Billy Joel before he quits touring though, I will be inconsolable. I don't care if he wheezes into a mic, I need the honor of seeing him in person.

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family is forcing me to go to a Kid Rock concert in August, but I really want to go to a Macklemore and Ryan Lewis concert.

6. caughtbywitness

Insanely jealous.

7. timo

I go to SO many concerts and, in summer, festivals. I love it.

To list some... Last month I went to see The Knife (06.05) and Sleeping With Sirens (29.05), this month I'll go and see Johnny Foreigner (19.06) and attend Best Kept Secret festival (21-23.06).

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went to a GWAR concert a few years ago.

I don't often go because large crowds and loud noises are not on my top fun list.

9. Beware Of You

Going to see Paramore and Tonight Alive soon.

I have seen Rammstein, New Found Glory, Paramore (x2), Alt J, You Me at Six, The Blackout, Lostprophets, Pendulum, Sum 41 live

10. timo

^ Sounds good! I'll be seeing Tonight Alive too this year, they're playing a Dutch show in september. Should be fun.

-----

A quick look at my last.fm page showed that I've been to a staggering 228 events (concerts and festivals) in the past 5 years. Holy shit. A lot of them are free shows though, no way on earth I can afford that many tickets.

11. Candace

I am jealous now. One of my best friends is a huge Joe Satriani fan while I love Carlos Santana's music. How much did your tickets cost and where did you sit? I may reward myself with a birthday present :grin:

12. saggitarius91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love concerts! The last one I went to was Rebecca & Fiona's US debut concert in San Fran. Jeez, like a year ago. I was supposed to go to Infected Mushroom (SF) 2 months ago, but it was the same day as 420 and I had a brownie (low tolerance) so I ended up missing it lol. One day, I'll see them haha.

13. yellowsun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have seen Mariah Carey, The Beach Boys, Liza Minnelli, Ringo Starr, and Janet Jackson in concert. Soon I will be seeing Expose'!!!

14. Samael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well... I recently bought tickets to an Austra Concert at The Trobadour in West Hollywood. This will be my first concert (in my whole life). I recently "discovered" that band with my best friend and I really Liked It.
    It will be on June 23rd and I can't wait for it. I'll wear my best clothes and step right in the front so I can watch the keyboardist (Ryan Wonsiak) closer!! I really like that guy lol.

15. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no idea how much the tickets cost (didn't buy them myself hehe), but they weren't too outrageous. We sat probably near the middle in amphitheater seats for Santana and in a large-ish indoor theater for Satriani. They were fairly good seats, except for the guy's head in front of me for the first one >.<

Oh, and I forgot to include that opening for Joe was the classic rock band Mountain. I think I liked them more than the main event lol.

16. Candace

You have good taste in music, I see :grin:

17. darlig ulv

I've been to plenty of orchestral concerts, if that counts. And I recently saw B.B. King perform, he's still got a lot of energy for an 80 year-old and puts on one hell of a show.

18. David2231

David2231 Guest

OMG CAN I JUST TAKE A SECOND AND PRAISE THE PERSON THAT MADE THIS TOPIC IDEA because omg ... I saw Marina and the Diamonds (ft. Charli XCX) in Toronto like 2 weeks ago and I still can't get it off my mind she saw me about 4 times. I HAVE A TINY STORY ♥:

The whole concert was basically standing up and everyone was all squished together and jumping and stuff like a mosh-pit but not violent (except for mild pushing and shoving), and so at this certain point she sang a soft song on her piano and everyone just listened and didn't do anything, so I raised both my hands up and did a heart as high as I could; and I think she noticed it through her peripheral vision because she looked at me straight in the eyes and gave me the most beautiful smile I've ever seen.

I also got this pic of her looking at the camera it's so precious.

EDIT: I just remembered some girl I met there saying something: I told her how this was my first ever concert, and she was all shocked and said "Omg, congrats you don't have an EMBARRASSING first concert like everyone else" I was like THATS SO TRUE...... ♥

#18 David2231, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
  19. freedom200

freedom200 Guest

the last big concert i went, well if you could call it that was Osheaga in Montreal last year
    but two of my friends are going to a city and colour and a imagine dragons concert and I'm insanely jelly. I tried to get tickets to a frank ocean <3 concert coming up but then it sold out :/

20. jokesonyou

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wait, where did you see MT?
    And I've never gotten anything from the band D:

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2013 at 08:55 PM ----------

They were really a lot better live than I thought they would be.

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2013 at 08:58 PM ----------

You saw Ringo live? I'm super jealous.

---------- Post added 3rd Jun 2013 at 08:59 PM ----------

I still need to go see Halestorm live, Dropkick Murphy's (they practically live at Stubbs in Austin!) and Arcade Fire.
    I hate myself for not being able to see Streetlight Manifesto on their last tour ever.