1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamers?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by sephuu, Apr 19, 2008.

1. sephuu

sephuu Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So is anyone here an avid gamer?
    What systems/games do you have?
    Favorite videogame series?

I have a 360, Wii, PS2, PSP, DS and soon a PS3 lol. My favorite videogame series EVER is The Legend of Zelda.

2. SkyTears

Eh, wish I had Legend of Zelda! Right now CoD4 is my fav (for PC). But I have 360 for my Rock Band and Halo3. Those are my main three.

3. sephuu

sephuu Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't wait for Rock Band to come out in Australia ^__^

And soon GTAIV!

4. Steam Giant

Nope, no games here! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes, I'm a gamer. I've been playing since...let's say 1986-'87? I started on our family's computer, a Comodore 64, which had tons of terrible, blocky, and often extremely violent games ^^ not long after my family moved back to America, we got a Nintendo Entertainment System and well, things evloved from there ^^

Since then, every American-launched Nintendo system has passed through my hands up to the current Wii and DS lite, where I'm playing, on the Wii, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (yes, still), Super Smash Bros Brawl, and on the DS, Izuna and Etrian Odessy. We also bought into the Playstation, then Playstation 2 (which I still own), but never bought more than, say, a dozen games for the two combined.

Presently, I style myself a PC gamer. I'm currently (again, still) playing Unreal (yes, the first game), Quake 4, Counterstrike, Warhammer: Dawn of War, Guild Wars and World of Warcraft.

In conclusion, Half-Life 2: Portal is the best game ever made :thumbsup: in my opinion!

5. CaptainTrips

i would love to have the time to play everything--or the money to get a next-gen console--but for now i have to live vicariously through news, reviews, videos, etc.

i'm fairly new to gaming (just caught the latter half of the last generation) but i have a friend who decided to help me catch up on the classics and lent me his N64 for a month or two so i could play Ocarina of Time at my leisure. what a great game...

on my original xbox, i played Halo (duh!), GTA:SA, knights of the old republic 1+2, burnout 3......i think those spent the most time in the xbox. i dont really have enough time to play now, though =(

6. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Xbox 360: Rock Band and Halo 3
    I don't really play Halo 3, it's mainly for my sister and her friends. Games like Halo 3 confuses me like no other.

PS2: DDR, Guitar Hero, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII (I think, I don't really know; my friend has all of my games and my console)

I hate the fact that Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out only on PS3. Now I need a job to be able to buy PS3 and KH3 when it comes out :dry:

This doesn't really count since it's not mine, but I come over his house all the time: Wii and Super Smash Brawl

7. sephuu

sephuu Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A cheaper alternative is the Kingdom Hearts coming out on DS and PSP.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't say "avid", but we've got XBox360 and Wii. I don't play much - just tennis and baseball on Wii, and Viva Pinata (and VP Party Animals) on XBox. We like games where we can play at the same time.

I loved the original Zelda, but never really got into any of the "sequels".

Lex

#8 Lexington, Apr 19, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  9. SlickyPants

I used to play a lot of video games but over the past few years, work hasn't really afforded me the time to play very many. There are still the odd games I play (Oblivion is probably the main one).

That being said, I have several video game systems and thousands of games kicking around... I'll try to list them but I'm probably forgetting a few.

Atari 2600
    Colecovision
    Colecovision/ADAM Computer
    Intellivision
    Vectrex
    Nintendo Entertainment System
    Sega Master System
    Super NES
    Sega Genesis
    Turbo Grafx-16
    Sega Nomad
    Game Boy Color
    Virtual Boy
    R-Zone
    Nintendo 64
    Sony Playstation
    Sega Dreamcast
    Game Boy Advance
    Nintendo Gamecube
    Nintendo DS
    Xbox
    Xbox 360
    Nintendo Wii

I think that's all of them but I could be wrong.
    I used to play them all fairly regularly too. I'd usually have the current generation of consoles hooked up and then something else that I'd play for a week and then hook up something different. At the moment though some of those are in storage.

There you have it. A little bit from every era. From cassette tapes to cartridges to optical CD/DVDs

10. CrimsonThunder

Gamer here too.

Consoles I've owned. Snes, 64, GC, Wii, GBASP, DS, PS1, PS2, 360, Sega Megadrive (or master system cant remember >.<)

Favorite series would be either Zelda or Metroid. Both have very epic storylines. I love Zelda for its open storyline (they let you imagene alot of it.) and Metroid for its crazy timelines for its games. (Eg, the second metroid game is like the last or something :confused:)

11. Ciel

Ciel Guest

I'm a gamer, I mainly RPG's and Strategy games.

Game systems I own, still play, and my favorite games for them are:

PS2: Disgaea/Most of Nippon Ichi's other titles, Xenosaga, Klonoa 2, Final Fantasy 12, and soon enough Shin Magami Tensei: Persona 3: Fes
    Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, No More Heroes
    DS: Phoenix Wright, Final Fantasy 12: Revenant Wings
    Gameboy Color: Dragon Warrior: Monsters

12. JSG

JSG Guest

I play my PS3 from time to time, I just bought a PSP for my bf.
    I used to love video games, I still enjoy playing but not as much as before.
    Tim is big gamer.

13. Alex89

I'm studying a Bachelor of Games and Interactive Entertainment at uni, majoring in Game Design to go into the industry as a designer. =)

So yeah, games are my life!

I have a 360, PSP and gaming PC. Favourite games for each:

360: Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey
    PSP: God of War, LocoRoco, Patapon, Silent Hill Origins
    PC: UT3, Portal, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

Favourite games of all time:

1) Halo 3 (360)
    2) RollerCoaster Tycoon (PC)
    3) Halo (Xbox)
    4) Bioshock (360)
    5) Mass Effect (360)
    6) Halo 2 (Xbox)
    7) Golden Sun (GBA)
    8) Gears of War (360)
    9) Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox)
    10) LocoRoco (PSP)

14. CorporalPie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm a pretty big gamer, and hope to make it into the industry someday. Mostly I play on my 360, Wii and DS, although I do play the occasional PC game. I try and play multiplayer/co-op games so I can play with my bf, but other than that my all times faves are:

X360: Halo (1-3), Mass Effect, Geometry Wars Evolved, Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II, and Viva PiƱata
    PC: KOTR (can't wait for KOTR 3, Bioware is doing the series again :grin: ), Black and White 1 & 2
    Wii, DS, etc: the Pokemon games, Zelda series, Metroid series, Super Smash Bros

15. Brett

Gaming is my soul source of entertainment! I love almost all genres, but I hate first person shooters for some reason.....
    Systems;
    Wii
    PS2
    DS
    SP
    N64
    Gamecube

Fav Series/ Games:

10) Mario
    9) Soul Calibur
    8) Guitar Hero
    7) Okami
    6) Pokemon
    5) Kirby
    4) Sonic the Hedgehog
    3) Golden Sun
    2) Super Smash Brothers
    1) Legend of Zelda

16. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am an avid gamer.

My current poison is Assassin's Creed on the PC.

17. Kat22

I've noticed only one other girl has posted...hmmm...ha ha

So I LOVE Rock Band (see Avatar!) and am an expert on the drums (my roommates think that I'm awesome, but I also kinda played drums for real before we ever got the game ;-)) but the guitar I could use a little work on. I HEART DDR too. My fav is Max 2. It totally has the best techno on it, even though it's way old school.

My girlfriend is way into the Halo-type games, but I just can't get hooked. :-S

18. Orion

PC gamer I am.

I own a somewhat rusty gaming PC (bought it two years ago) and it's time for an upgrade!

At the time I play, UT3, CoD4 (First COD I've actually liked), Crysis (not the best game per-se but from a techincal point of view it's so daring it pushes me forward), NFS Pro Street, Portal, and I've got my eye on a couple more.

I don't own a console but whenever a new Final Fantasy comes out I borrow my friend's PS2 (soon to be PS3 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ). And I used to own a gameboy color. Oh, and my first games were, prehistoric and prince of persia, playing them since I'm 2 or 3 :grin: honest.

19. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't get me started on my video games XD its what I am known for at school, the gamer.

PC mostly.

1. World of Warcraft (yes...i know...but i like it :grin:)
    2. Call of Duty: United Offensive
    3. Call of Duty
    4. F.E.A.R.
    5. Command and Conquer (all of them, not even kidding)

and I have Call of Duty 3 on my PS2. Also have a PSP, but haven't played it recently.

20. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I jumped into gaming a little late, around 1996. My first console was the SNES, still have it, still works. I still have working carts for SMW, Star Fox, F-Zero, Super Mario Kart....the good days...

I lost interest for several years and never owned a N64 or PS1, but I did get a PS2 - I credit that for reviving my interest in gaming. I'm a little irked at the Hollywood-ification of so many modern games, but there are a few current titles (and some classics) that keep me going. The Virtual Console is helping make up for all those lost years; I probably never would have gotten to play Paper Mario or F-Zero X otherwise.