1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doctor Who oooooweeeeoooo

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by hawaiianflower, Jun 4, 2013.

1. So, I've noticed some Who fans on here so I figured we should unite!

November seems SO far away, but we have plenty of stuff we can talk about until then.

How about the 12th Doctor?

I think it will be John Hurt. It seems like the obvious choice, but it makes sense. If a Time Lord can regenerate 12 times, that means we only get 13 Doctors. We know that John Hurt plays the Doctor and that he does something horrible that is not in the name of the Doctor. Now, unless this horrible act is stealing some regenerations from someone, I don't think they would end the show on a bad note with an "evil" Doctor. With only 2 regenerations left, I would put John Hurt up next.

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It could be a Woman :slight_smile: you never know :slight_smile:

3. I am not fond of the idea of the Doctor being a woman. He is a dude. It would change things too much. River Song is all the woman I need. :wink:

I would LOVE to see a spin-off with Jenny.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What do you know about all of the Doctors? :slight_smile:

5. j21b

j21b Guest

Also if Moffat wrote a female Doctor, she'd probably end up being either a River or an Amy clone. I disagree with a lot of the Moffat hand-wringing on the Internet, but complaints about the way he writes his female characters probably has merit.

6. Shadow7796

Shadow7796 Guest

I think the 12th Doctor needs to (finally) be a ginger :grin:

7. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A Ginger Doctor Who Hmmm now there's a thought :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

8. j21b

j21b Guest

Very much agreed.

9. Dublin - Not nearly as much as I would like to know.

We need a ginger Doctor for sure!

10. theMaverick

a sexy Ginger Doctor :wink:

11. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I quite like the 3rd Doctor Who (Jon Pertwee)

[​IMG]

12. I want to watch ALL of the episodes, but they are difficult to get ahold of. Well...more like expensive. We have a few episodes on Netflix.

13. theJosephDean

I honestly think John Hurt has something to do with the Valeyard (from Classic Who). I believe he's the lost/forgotten regeneration between Eight and Nine. If you recall, Nine's entire season was his recovering from the Time War, in which he played a vital role in the destruction of Gallifrey and the other Time Lords. I think he did this as the Hurt!Doctor regeneration, a regeneration that could not be labelled "The Doctor".

The biggest hole in this theory, however, is that if Hurt!Doctor is a past incarnation, then Eleven should have the memory of seeing his future self plus Clara... Unless Hurt!Doctor made it into an alternate timeline/limbo where he still existed as his true self continued to regenerate into Nine.

I'm not totally sure. I've read a lot of theories on Reddit as the season ended, and this seems to be the consensus... If Eleven does regenerate into Hurt, however, I would absolutely love an aggressive Doctor.

We know Matt Smith is leaving at the end of the year, unfortunately, and if you look at his past lives, the Doctor always regenerates into someone younger. And they always have a knack for choosing a lesser-known actor for the role each time.

I'm not really sure what my point was here. Just random thoughts of a Whovian. :slight_smile:

Every season up to and including 6 and the specials are on Netflix, and if you search hard enough, you can find season 7 streaming somewhere.

14. I have all of the re-boot episodes. I watch them on TV, but I bought them on iTunes. It is the older episodes I have not watched.

I didn't know about the Valeyard before today. That makes total sense. Nix my theory!

15. theJosephDean

Haha. I didn't know about it either until I started reading discussion threads about Hurt. And then I was all wide-eyed and open mouthed for a good minute. The 50th special needs to be here like yesterday.

16. j21b

j21b Guest

I read up on the Valeyard today....pretty mind blowing. In the Wiki I read I believe that the Valeyard was supposed to be between the 12th and 13th Doctors? I believe the Master said that.

And I could see the Doctor ending the Daleks and the Time Lords as himself. 10 certainly finished the Time Lords off.

17. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I love Doctor Who but I'll cut to the chase with what myself and many others may have been pondering.

Alright.. remember how that dark Dream Lord Time Lord thing from “Amy’s Choice” was a form of the Doctor? What if John Hurt is a regenerated form of that same darkness? What if the darkness evolves at a different rate than the physical Time Lord Doctor? What if the 50th anniversary is where the Doctor lets go of this darkness and unleashes a part of himself that will eventually become the Valeyard?

We know the Valeyard is the Doctor, but how do we know the Doctor doesn’t continue past the Valeyard? When Time Lords enter their own time streams can’t weird and unusual and dangerous things like this occur? The Master might have explained it in terms of what he himself was trying to do at the time without knowing the Doctor had committed a horrible time paradox.

18. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  19. girlunwound

I know John Hurt is a legend in British media, but the fact that he was billed at the top of the cast in Merlin when all he did was voiceovers just left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not looking forward to the idea of him being a Doctor. I mean yeah, he has what people in the radio business call "golden pipes" but ugh!

We're all Whovians in this house and there has been a raging debate. Usually disagreement in this house is resolved by Rock-paper-scissors but in this case I throw down Betty White as my Ace. I don't care if she isn't British or a man, Betty White trumps everything :roflmao:

20. I was totally talking about this too! Now that I know about the Valeyard, I bet that as the Doctor regenerates, the Valeyard within changes form as well. That would explain the different faces. I would love to see that loose end in Amy's Choice tied up!