1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which instrument should I get?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Theagonist, Jun 7, 2013.

?

Which Insturment should I get?

1. Hulusi

16.7%
  2. Saxon Lyre

33.3%
  3. Bouzouki

16.7%
  4. Something else...

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Right now I can already guitar (over a year) and the tin whistle (some months)... a lots of people don't know what that is, so: Eluveitie - Uxellodunon - YouTube it's the flutey instrument. And I want to get a new one! Right now I want to either get a hulusi How to play the Hulusi - YouTube or a Saxon Lyre Anglo Saxon Lyre 2 - YouTube , I also want a bouzouki Omnia, Rastede 2013 - Trikeltica - YouTube (middle) but now right now. I can't actaully play any instruments right now cuz I broke my hand this week and I have a cast on for four weeks hahah and it makes typing a bitch :roflmao:

I write music, which can be described as gothic metal/PaganFolk/whatever the fuck it is. And I already have some great ideas for the hulusi, not so much for the Saxon lyre but I just learned about it today haha. One reason I want to get the Saxon Lyre is because my last name(Loethen) is of Saxon Origin, and it sounds awesome lol

---------- Post added 7th Jun 2013 at 05:48 PM ----------

and I'll probably get all of them eventually

2. LD579

I guess it depends. Do you want a 'breath' instrument, or a stringed instrument? Which do you like the sound of better? Which do you think would be easier to play? With all that said, you may be able to find your choice.

I will say, though, that lyres are cool, but I like harps better.

3. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You mean an aerophone?

4. LD579

No, I mean instruments in which the breath is important. Flutes, for example, require breaks for the flutist to take a deep breath once they run out. Some instruments, like the piano or violin, can be played for as long as the person does not cramp or anything.

For instance, as I have asthma, it's difficult to play the flute for long periods of time. That's just something to keep in mind when choosing instruments for me, though, and perhaps for you as well, if breath and breathing is a concern or nuisance.

5. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The more I practice, the easier the pipes get. They'll certainly build your lung capacity and your arm.

6. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I actaully do have asthma, and it does make the tin whistle much harder.. but I manage