1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it just me or its madonna's voice that changed?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by neverover, Apr 21, 2008.

1. neverover

go listen to holiday or vogue. and then listen to her current track, 4 minutes or hung up. u can see the difference.
    but isnt someones voice cant changed? i mean, listen to michael jackson, or janet, or mariah, or even britney. their debut and their latest track. u ll see that it doesnt change. how can madonna change? it became heavier and ... more bassy. is it because shes smoking?

2. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no idea if Madonna smokes or not but you can definitely alter voices electronically quite drastically these days.

On top of that, I can make my voice go higher or lower and I have no singing training, so she might just be singing in a lower register.

And finally, I know she did months of intensive vocal training before she recorded Evita in the mid to late 90s and I suspect that would probably have changed how she sounds now from how she sounded in the 80s, hopefully for the better. I think if you improved the power of your voice, it might very well sound heavier and have more bass to it, because it would take power to project bass.

Just some very uninformed thoughts that popped into my head...

3. davo-man

Possibly changed and messed around with by computers. Oh I know, sacrilidge (so not how you spell it, but oh well) to say that Madonna isn't completely natural in her singing, however I think that her later albums have definately been tainted by acomputer.

That said, I think voices naturally get deeper as you get older, however I might be wrong. I'd say that might play a part in it as well, though.

4. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sacrilege

Sorry... I just think it's a cool word!

5. Ty

Ty Guest

I can't find that song anywhere -.- help a guy out? >....<

6. davo-man

I think he just means that he likes the word sacrilege...and was sad that I was not able to spell it correctly in my first post...however I could wrong

7. Ty

Ty Guest

Ohhh im sorry, i misread.
    Sacrilege is a song done by Madonna that I can't find anywhere :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Its like Madonna reading out critisims of her to a beat :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    It was one of her B sides once upon a time.

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just a teacher at heart.

Yeah, I was just providing the correct spelling to the word because the word is so cool.

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Check out Janet's latest album, and compare it with one from ten years back.
    Ditto Britney Spears, and Mariah Carey.

It's called ProTooling. And from here on out, not being able to sing is no handicap. :slight_smile:

My friend recorded himself singing a Duran Duran song. It sounds great. But he can't sing a note. He didn't even know the melody of the song when he sang it! He did it all by computer. At home. OVER TEN YEARS AGO. If he could do that then, imagine what a full-fledged studio can do now.

Lex