1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emeli Sande (blues/rock singers)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by FemCasanova, Jun 11, 2013.

1. FemCasanova

I was looking for new female artists to listen to and found Emeli Sande. Wow, her song "Clown" is one heck of a haunting, rich and melancholic tune. It`s sad, but so soulful and beautiful! Also, "Read all about it" was incredibly good. I got some LGBT associations to that one. For anyone who like that soulful kind of "modern" blues, I really recommend her. Nice voice too. Not the A4 typical one you hear so often these days. What she lacks of power, she really makes up for with an emotional edge in her voice and skilled singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mqs7XD0K7I

Anyone have any other tips for female singers, mostly in the blues/soul/rock genres (modern, I`ve heard the classics to death, lol!), I`d love to hear it :grin:

#1 FemCasanova, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  2. evora

I love Regina Spektor. Her live performances are even better than her studio recordings but I've no idea if she is the kind of singer you're looking for.
    [YOUTUBE]Dag3WIVlzWw[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]VPkcy-WCB0w[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]Dd2ItwgqZUo[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]AGNfE7r-Vdc[/YOUTUBE]

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2013 at 10:28 PM ----------

[YOUTUBE]NrGRSKjAvNM[/YOUTUBE]

#2 evora, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013