1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need movies to watch! (a lot of them)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TimTomC, Jun 13, 2013.

1. TimTomC

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok guys, give me a list of good movies I can watch, I'm really running out of movie ideas for myself, please nothing super scary. I'm a sissy, but I do like thrillers on occasion, so I don't need wimpy movies either. No comedies, either, I want something that makes me think, or a romance, or a psychological horror, oh or an artsy movie, haha! Wow I've specified too much, just list movies you like I guess. :icon_bigg

2. doors

Go on imdb.com and look at the Top 250 list. Most of the best movies are on that list and you can't really go wrong with any of them!

3. FemCasanova

Fracture is really good. A psychological thriller with Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling. Excellent acting, engaging plot and very well acted by the two leads.

Triangle is a horror, but it`s really one that makes you think, even from the beginning. It was extremely intriguing trying to piece it all together. And the end is open to interpretation, so we (at home) debated it for like half an hour after having watched the movie.

Stay is also good. More of a.. drama/action ish? It`s a tough one to explain, but it`s also a thinking movie, where you really have to twist and turn your brain cells to figure out what the hell is going on. Starring Ewan Mcgregor and Ryan Gosling. I loved the movie, despite not understanding anything, lol. But boy, did I try, even watched it twice. But, yeah, nice movie if you want something that you need to think and analyze.

A beautiful mind was also good.

The Butterfly Effect was one I didn`t like much, but a lot of people love it! Supposed to be a good movie.

Pan`s Labyrinth. God, it`s an awful, but brilliant, fantastic movie, which also really makes you think! I would highly recommend this one! Fantastic visually, but so terribly sad at times.

Check these out on IMDB, maybe I remember some more later :slight_smile:

4. Candace

Watch movies in collections:

I watched all the James Bond and Star Wars movies in marathons when they came on :grin:

You'll be entertained for days:
    Harry Potter series, LOTR (Lord of the Rings), the Hobbit, Narnia, Back to the Future 1-3

5. KnownSecret

I also would recommend Pan's Labyrinth it is only of my favorite fantasy movies <3 it does get quite grimm at times but it still is up there on my favorite movies list!

I would recommend watching Smiley face haha that movie is hilarious!

Also watch Planes, Trains, and Automobiles omg that's funny.

If you like Hayao Miyasaki films like ponyo i'd suggest watching Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, and Princess Mononoke! These are wonderful movies Hayao Miyasaka films are amazing!

6. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you wanna cry, then watch "love of siam" its a thai gay teen flick. In sure you havent watched this. And do watch it, its great

7. lawRAWR

I recently watched Atonement. It stars Keira Knightley and James Mccavoy. It's quite upsetting, just to warn you beforehand if you do watch it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It most certainly did make me think.

I agree with the other poster that recommended Lord of The Rings

8. kem

kem

Paprika (a masterpiece anime by Satoshi Kon, really an amazing film and great soundtrack)
    Shame (a beautifully sad film about shame, eponymously)
    A Single Man (< gay-related)
    The Diving Bell And The Butterfly (An incredibly powerful film about a man who is fully paralysed except for one eye)
    Restless (Not a great film per se, but an aesthetically pleasing and pleasantly eccentric love story at any rate)
    The Elephant (Stunning film about a high school shooting in the US)
    Flowers of War (A good war film, visually pleasing as well)
    The Three Colours: Blue, White, Red (Haven't watched these yet but they are on my watchlist)
    The Darjeeling Limited (A sweet film about letting go I suppose)
    Moonrise Kingdom (Another eccentric love story)
    Fantastic Mr. Fox (A sweet stop-motion film)
    Ocean's Eleven & Twelve (probably Thirteen as well, haven't watched it yet)
    Lucky Number Slevin (Great action-packed fun but puzzling at the same time)

9. emz

emz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Taken- awesome movie. Action thriller starring Liam neeson. (!!)