1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pierce The Veil or Sleeping With Sirens?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lawRAWR, Jun 14, 2013.

1. lawRAWR

Any Pierce The Veil fans here? Just wondering, they are one of my favouriite bands at the moment. I prefer them (much more actually) than Sleeping With Sirens. I don't know why, I just do. I prefer Vic's voice to Kellin's and, quite frankly, I think PTV's fanbase is better; the whole of the band being respected instead of only Vic (unlike SWS).

I don't really like SWS' direction, I personally don't like their new album 'Feel'.

Any opinions?

King For a Day was a good collab though :icon_bigg

This is them, if anyone was wondering: Pierce The Veil - King for a Day ft. Kellin Quinn - YouTube

2. Lady

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love them both, but I think because I discovered PTV first (Selfish Machines, favorite album out of all the groups I listen to- Besitos is freaking epic), they're always going to have a special place in my heart. And I agree, the SWS fandom is full of lilshits, although I love the band itself.

3. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    PTV.
    And I started listening to SWS first, but idk.. Their music just didn't stick to me Like PTV.
    Whose fan bases aren't crazy? lmao

4. lawRAWR

Besitos is a BRILLIANT song! :icon_bigg I also love how they combine their Mexican influences too. MEXICORE ftw ! (!)

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2013 at 06:13 AM ----------

agreed, many fanbases are crazy, it's just, many SWS fans are just there for Kellin. I am being very stereotypical, but it's quite true :lol:

Agreed, I listened to SWS too, but it didn't really give me that same impact as PTV do :icon_bigg :icon_wink

5. chrisV

neither. most (not all) of the fans are annoying 12 year old girls. i just don't want to associate myself with a band that has that kind of following. plus i don't really like scene music to begin with. i'm more into punk rock/ hardcore (rise against, no use for a name, h2O, dropkick murphys)

6. Connor22

Keillin Quinn is a tool. That is all.

7. timo

I'm no high-pitched screaming 12yo girl, but I fucking love Sleeping With Sirens. They're one of my favourite bands.

PTV are pretty cool too, I'll be seeing them live with BMTH later this year, but for some reason I don't like them as much. Collide with the Sky is a solid album though.

8. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wasn't a fan with SWS because I thought the lyrics were, well, dumb. I still need to try out PTV though.

9. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I don't listen to either of those bands, but I've heard good things about both. I have been really into Underoath and Memphis May Fire lately, especially the latter.
    MMF- Miles Away ft. Kellin Quinn is really beautiful. I'm most obsessed with Losing Sight ft. Danny W., though. Memphis May Fire is quickly becoming one of my all time favorites.

10. lawRAWR

I really like the song Miles Away too! :icon_bigg Mepmphis May Fire are brilliant, I love Prove Me Right!

11. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Aw, love Prove Me Right!

12. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Hey, do you know Arms Like Yours?

If not, you seriously have to listen to their album "My Silhouette." It is so fucking beautiful! It's only 6 songs and they're all so perfect, I can't even decide which is my absolute favorite. The song "My Silhouette" is what got me hooked on them, but the rest of the album is so powerful, too. I choose all of the songs! The whole album is my favorite song. :lol:

They remind me of Of Mice & Men, the way they harmonize and meld the singing and screaming together so beautifully.

13. lawRAWR

Meeep, I did, I need to listen to more of their stuff :icon_bigg I LOVED the harmonies!

I love OM&M aswell :3 They are great :icon_redf (*hug*)