1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone wish...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Hexagon, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Hexagon

...that they'd never seen their favorite movie/TV show, or read their favorite book so they can watch/read it for the first time again?

There is kind of something special about discovering characters and plots for the first time, and even though you can watch/read it again, it just isn't the same.

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I don't seek out novelty as much as most people. I'm quite content to watch the same shows, watch the same movies, and listen to the same songs if I like them a lot. I still do seek out new staff to enjoy, especially music, but I do rewatch the same stuff a lot. And after a while, I feel like I build a relationship with the good stuff. By rewatchnig, I often discover new reasons to love it, or new ways to relate to it.

So as far as my favorites go, no, I don't wish I could go back and rewatch them with a clean slate. I'd lose the relationship and history I have with them now. :slight_smile:

3. There are a few books I'd like to forget and read again.

Other than that, I agree with Owen for the most part.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Harry Freaking Potter. What I'd give to read those books again with no knowledge of what they're about. They had a hand in defining my childhood and they'll always hold a place in my heart.

5. girlunwound

This. I'd love to go back in time to the late 90's just so I can experience HP all over again.

6. SlickyPants

I was just thinking this the other day about Empire Strikes Back. What a thrill it would be to see it for the first time again.

7. NightGrazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nah, I think Harry Potter is something you need to read over and over again to fully enjoy it, it is far too complex, with every little thing having its own meaning and also its interlacing plotlines, for you to fully appreciate it the first time. I think I actually enjoy more every time I read it!
    I would love to read the Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices series again, I would read TID first and then TMI if I were to start again.

#7 NightGrazer, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013