1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paramore: Good Change or Bad?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by FindingMyself, Jun 21, 2013.

1. FindingMyself

Does anyone have any thoughts on Paramore's changes these past couple of years? I wasn't into them until Decode and I Caught Myself appeared on the Twilight soundtrack, and from there I bought Riot and Brand New Eyes but something is too poppy about Paramore to purchase it as well. I didn't ever get into their first album, either. Are they too "soft rock" or "pop" for you guys? Or am I just naturally into more heavy stuff?

Also-what're your takes on Monster? I feel that as a broken and re-stitched group of three that the gap between Monster and Paramore is almost a genre change. But Monster also felt like an experiment...

Anyway, I just want to hear y'all's thoughts.

2. x Wallflower x

I liked monster when they released it and was expecting the album to sound like that and i'm still not all that sure I like it.
    I loved riot and brand new eyes and I thought all the songs on those albums were great which is very rare for me however with the paramore album there are only four songs that i'll repeatedly listen to and skip through the rest.

3. Beware Of You

I have been a fan of Paramore from way back (Their first Album - All We Know is Falling) I do love Paramore (album) okay there are a couple of popy ones on there (like Still Into You) but meh its a happy song so I don't mind.

Future, Anklebiters, Part II (Sequel to Let the Flames Begin off Riot) , and Now are defiantly similar to their own stuff.

Monster was part of tine Singles Club and yeah they were experimenting, there is Renegade off there which is old school, but they have Hello Cruel Word which is more pop.

I can't wait to see them live in September, but their old stuff does it slightly more for me, as much as I like Paramore; Let The Flames Being and Decode will always be my favorites

4. lawRAWR

Huge fan of Paramore, and I love all their stuff. I love how each album is different, and I turn to each album depending on different situations in my life.

The self-titled album has helped me recently, and I can really relate to it. They have turned slightly more mainstream, but I still love what they stand for.

Brand New Eyes is probably my favourite of their albums, although the new album definitely contends with it, in myopinion. It's good for bands to experiment with new genres, instruments and vocals (Ain't it fun most certainly does this!)

5. AlexKnight

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    They've been my favorite band for a long time, and that hasn't changed. Each album seems to have a different style while still maintaining Paramore's roots. What I mostly love is how much I can relate to the lyrics.

I will admit that I like their older stuff over the new album though, but I admire how they keep going strong through all this change. As for Monster, it was my favorite song because of it's meaning. It spoke to me, and I could definitely see a difference.

6. Candace

I agree with the person above me. I like "that's what you get" and I just watched "still into you". Still good quality stuff.

7. King

King Guest

They caught me with Riot!, and brand new eyes. remains one of my favourite albums - but Paramore (the album) is turning into my favourite album of theirs.

I quite enjoyed Monster. It felt harsh, especially after coming from Playing God, which was a bit more mellow. They really can do no wrong in my eyes.

8. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's like the new Fall Out Boy album for me. I didn't really like it at all at first, but it grows on you after a while. To quote the song Dead on Arrival: "The songs you grow to like, never stick at first."

9. FindingMyself

Is Part II anything like Let the Flames Begin? Like, same theme and sound?

---------- Post added 22nd Jun 2013 at 11:32 PM ----------

YOU sound like someone I'd like to talk to. Well, all of you guys do. But yeah. I like harder stuff, ranging from Muse to In This Moment, so maybe it's the semi-weak guitar and bass that I dislike about Paramore. Their lyrics are great though.

10. Beware Of You

Yeah, the riff is the same from LTFB but key shifted, and the lyrics are obviously related. Its a continuation of the same story but its different in a good way. They have this outro for Let The Flames Being they do live, which bridges them together more

11. OrangeE

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Imo the only good Paramore album is All We Know Is Falling which is much heavier/resonant of pop post hardcore - I'll play parts of Riot occasionally. The new album is diabolical