1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

girls vs guys skinny jeans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by smokey-knows-all, Jun 22, 2013.

1. smokey-knows-all

do guys skinny jeans have bigger pockets like most men's pants or are they tiny like on girls skinny jeans? With the exception of "undergarmets" my pants are the only clothes I buy from the girl's side of the store and it kind of bugs me because its hard to find pairs without bedazling on the ass (eew!) and my wallet usually doesn't fit into the back pockets very well. Grr I hate my gender's clothes :bang:

2. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guys pockets are bigger, yes but girls jeans are MUCH more comfortable. Except for the bedazzled ass cheeks I have to admit that it makes sitting a pain in the ass. Literally. :lol:

3. smokey-knows-all

I had a pair a couple years ago with big jewels for the ass pocket buttons and it hurt so bad to sit and the jewels eventually ended up shattered... :grin:

4. Kamina

Wow I never thought about it like that but its so true! The pockets are tiny and the bedazzling goes a little over board sometimes, although I do have to admit I like my ass tastefully sparkled (!) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The pockets on guy's skinny jeans are just as roomy as the pockets on other guy's jeans. They are proper pockets, and the first time I bought pants in the guy's section I EXPLODED WITH PURE RAINBOW JOY because YES. SO MUCH YES.

HOWEVER.

Guy's skinny jeans DO NOT fit like girl's skinny jeans! (I find them to be immeasurably more comfortable myself, but I like a little extra room in my pants, and, well, I'm 98% sure I'm a guy.) Girl's skinny jeans are cut a lot tighter than guy's are, and they're designed to contour your butt more. The back pockets on guy's jeans sit lower on the butt than they do on girl's jeans. There's more crotch room. The front pockets on guy's jeans have got to be three times larger than the pockets on any girl's jeans I've ever worn, but if you've got bigger thighs you might not be able to slip your hands in there as easily as you think you'd be able to, because guys have smaller thighs than girl's do so their skinny jeans aren't as accommodating in that department (I've had zero issues with guy's cargo pants pockets though). Guy's skinny jeans, while still fairly slim, don't cling to the leg all the way down the way girl's skinny jeans do (thank GOD, could you imagine?) - there will be a couple of inches of extra room near the bottoms. Another notable difference is that while sometimes you can get guy's skinny jeans with a little more stretch, 99% of the time, I've found them to be made (like all guy's jeans) out of a stiffer denim. Girl's skinny jeans tend to have a lot more spandex in the fabric, giving them more give and making bending your knees in them not impossible, as well as making the fabric itself a little softer.

Last but not least, and definitely the most important if you're planning on trying on guy's pants, is that they're measured with two numbers as opposed to the crazy voodoo numbering system of girl's pants. The first number is the measurment around the waistband. The second is the measurment of the inseam (the seam on the inside of the leg).

I hope this helps, and you wear whatever's more comfortable for you. :slight_smile:

6. smokey-knows-all

i always buy girls jeans a little baggy so that wont be a problem

7. justjade

I feel ya. I like guys' jeans better in general because they're just more comfortable. And yes, they do have bigger pockets. I find that it's hard to find women's jeans of any kind without bedazzled ass pockets, so I usually just stay in the men's or boys' department. However, I have a big for my size, so I can't completely stay away from women's jeans.

8. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I have and wear both. Girls' jeans tend to be easier to find my size in. Guys' jeans do have more pocket space than do girls' jeans. Guys' skinny jean pockets are as deep as on other cuts of jeans, whereas the pockets are very shallow on girls'. Bigger pockets can be useful if you really need room to carry something in a pinch.

But generally, if you're wearing skinny jeans, it doesn't look very cool to have your pockets bulging with stuff anyway; when you're wearing skintight clothes, clunky pockets are very noticeable and stand out. So I like to keep my pockets empty on skinny jeans anyway. That's what carrying a bag is for! (Or else just don't carry too much stuff around with you).

9. smokey-knows-all

haha i HATE purses or bags of any kind and prefer to shove everything in my pockets. my big black shirts cover the pockets too so it doesnt look too weird

10. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have one pair of guys skinny jeans and I love them. It was like a miracle how much more comfortable they where and the pockets THANK YOU!!

11. Jamilynn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't like skinny jeans or baggy ones. I prefer something inbetween or capris. Its nice to be able to pocket something if you need to but I really don't like carrying things in my pockets. It just feels to bulky to me, can't put anything in your back pockets because you will sit on it, and I always have my keys phone and wallet, so where does the third one go? (Usually me loosing my keys :/) I prefer comfort over style and its such a great feeling to put on a nice fitting pair of jeans.

12. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Pfft, what is comfort when style is at stake? :lol:

Anyway, capris can come in different cuts too (I have a pair of skinny cropped pants). But if you want jeans that are in between skinny and baggy, maybe try wearing slim straight jeans?

13. fluffyhandcuff

My jeans don't have any pockets at all -.- It's rather annoying because seriously, why don't girl's jeans have any or just small ones?

14. Stripe101

Call me old fashioned, but I never got into the skinny jeans thing. Regular jeans are fine for me.

15. rena

for me it use to be all skinny jeans, now its all leggins, haven't owned jeans in 2 years

16. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A vast majority of guys have no business wearing skinny jeans; a small select few can rock them well though. Skinnies generally look good on all girls who aren't hugely overweight also.

Summary: Approve. :slight_smile:

17. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Nah, the only people who say this about skinny jeans are just bitter because they're part of the small select few who can't rock them well....:icon_wink

Skinny jeans aren't just for girls, guys in skinny jeans are hot!

18. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As much as I'd like to believe you (and I can only slightly agree to the bitterness because I look terrible in them XD) I have to uphold that only a few are flattered by them. If you're not hot to begin with, they don't really make it so.

Of course if you ARE hot and wear them, I'll notice. :wink:

19. Jenn Loves Dana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think both look good, I'm a girl and the colors of the rainbow skinny jeans
    :newcolor:

20. Northern

I don't think skinny jeans are for everyone, there are a lot of people who wear skinny jeans from both genders that should really back away haha.

I personally probably cannot ever wear skinny jeans, not because they wouldn't fit, but because I have a ridiculous amount of leg in comparisson to my body. I am a guy with a ton of leg, which helps my "dreams" of being a vegas show girl :roflmao:

Little off topic here: Sometimes whenever my friends that are girls who are wearing skinny jeans they are like "Don't my legs look so nice in these?" and I just sigh and pull my pants tighter so it looks like skinny jeans and they are like "... You're cheating..." :lol: