1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fosters

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 143kc, Jun 23, 2013.

1. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ahhhh... I'm in love with this new ABC family TV show. It has biracial lesbian moms and a family made of adopted, fostered, and biological children. I love that in the show, the moms being lesbian plays a small role in what makes them a family, and that the racial differences plays no effect. It's a show that pretty much breaks every stereotype...ahh... I just wanted to say that to all you lovelies on here. I think you should check it out (it only has 3 episodes out so far)

2. Amerigo

jennifer lopez????!!?!?!

i want to watch it!

3. Candace

I've seen the actor Brandon Jones in it....let's just say now I'm wanting to watch now :grin:

4. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Only Jlo could pull off something as crazy/ amazing as this.... (Falls to the floor in love). I also have an inkling that one of the foster kids may turn out gay.., we have to wait and see.

5. Tim

Tim

I doubt it.

It'd just perpetuate the false stereotype that children raised by gay parents are gay.

I hope to God they don't make one of the children gay. (by make gay, I'm referring to the writers, obviously. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

6. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

At the same time, there are Second Gen families and that's probably an issue they have to face (people thinking they made their kids gay) so it could actually work as a storyline. Just not for this family, though. I think it's safe to say they're all straight, at least all the older ones. Jude's just a kid, so he's sexuality-less in a literary sense.

This is a really good show. I'm enjoying it so far. Love Cali. She's a good heroine.

7. Tim

Tim

I like Jude and Brandon. I'm not sure why. They just seem to be the ones with the most potential for story.

I just... can't take Jesus serious. All I see him is as Diego from Dora the Explorer and Max from Wizards of Waverly Place. Too goofy of roles for Jesus. I might get used to it though. Mariana's nice too.

I really like the moms, and I'm very relieved at how they portray them. It's not IN YOUR FACE WE'RE GAY, it's... normal. Something we really haven't had on TV. I've seen a few noted homophobes on other forums I go to say they actually really like the show and it's changing their views.

Brandon's dad on the other hand... I can't stand. Dude, you can't just bust into someone's life and call someone's mom not their mom.

I somehow expect the season finale to be another home being found for them, but separately, and then them fighting to adopt them themselves because they've grown to love them and don't want to split them up.

For anyone who hasn't watched ABC Family shows before, a small heads up: They always have a mid-season break that lasts ~3 months. SHows that premiere this time of year usually take a break in September and return in January/February. Based on the current schedule, the last episode of the ordered episodes should air in mid-August. Unless they do a full season order, in which case the last 3-4 episodes sometimes air every other week.

The Fosters was picked up for 10 episodes, which is usual for ABC Family. If ratings are good, they will be renewed for additional episodes for the season. If ratings are phenomenal, (Which the Fosters isn't), they'll get renewed for extra seasons too. If they're renewed, then the next season renewal isn't announced until after the season finale usually. The Fosters is getting 1.2-1.7 million viewers each week. This is a very... sketchy area for ABC Family. Shows like 10 Things I Hate About You and Jane by Design got cancelled with these ratings, but shows like the Lying Game thrived on them. This DOESN'T take into account online views either. ABC Family posts episodes on their own site, so it's possible kids/teens watch it online because their parents won't let them, or such, so ratings we have can't be absolute.

#7 Tim, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  8. 143kc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    After tonight I'm fairly certain that the youngest brother is gay!

9. Tim

Tim

Definitely looking like it.

They're calling episode 10 the summer finale, which usually is a hint that it's been renewed for a full season... but nothing official has been said.

10. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I love Wyatt with Callie. I hope she stops pushing him away soon.

11. Tim

Tim

Last episode is next week. No full season order or second season ordered yet.

Though, it's ABC Family's only show that's ratings have improved every single week... so that's a good sign. It has a higher viewership than some of their more popular shows too. (It's close to Pretty Little Liars viewership, if that gives you an idea. Not higher, but it's getting extremely close)

12. Tim

Tim

That was hilarious timing.

The Fosters has now been picked up for 10 more episodes, which will air in January. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haven't seen it yet :slight_smile:

14. Waterlilly

I love this show. I will cry if there isn't a second season. I watched the latest episode today and I felt such a kinship with flashback Steph.

15. Tim

Tim

They just backordered 10 more episodes for season 1.

The first season for ABC Family shows always start with 10 episodes, then if they get high enough ratings, they get 10 more episodes.

Then, depending on ratings, they either get cancelled, 10 more episodes, or a full season order.

16. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

My official response to the Wyatt/Callie break up:

*ahem*

My fellow Wallie fans,

It goes without saying (but I'm gonna say it anyway) this sucks. Wyatt and Callie really could have had a good thing, but the heart wants what it wants, not what we want...unfortunately. Say what you will, but we knew this day would come. I only wish it wasn't so soon, but with the finale a mere week away it's that time of season for true loves to reign. Look on the brigh-well, dim side: with Callie's distance and reluctance to become close with Wyatt, plus the short time they've been trying to be something, the two never actually had anything meaningful. Not like we wanted it to be, not like how it could have been. In truth, we have not lost, so much as not gained.

Wyatt's still a great guy, very cool. I hope this isn't the last we see of him now that he's no longer with Callie. Tonight, I found him incredibly mature and smart; he didn't act preachy or indignant. He was able to be honest with himself, get Callie to be honest with both of them, and still care about Callie enough to support her. Dude's got serious class and wears it nonchalantly. I really love that about him. I'm glad the scene between him and Callie had a laid back, honest-moment-between-friends feel to it instead of big drama-filled "I love you so much, I must let you go" ring.

And I tell you another thing: If his talk with Callie outside of the hospital wasn't enough to put to rest those "Wyatt's a spacey, dumb loser" attitudes, then I don't know what will.

I hope he and Callie will continue on as good friends. They're good together. Too bad they can't be that together.

This is WillowMaiden, reporting Wyatt/Callie: end of ship. ...
    :cry:

Yeah I was not a happy fangirl and neither were the other few Wyatt/Callie fans on the imdb board. It could have been great... *sigh* In further upsetting move, I've gotten word that
    Wyatt's moving.