1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanfictions

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JayR, Jun 26, 2013.

1. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you guys read those? I just love them. :icon_bigg I spend hours reading.

2. Stripe101

Have you ever read the Pewdiepie fanfiction "Flowers for my Valentine?" Pewdiepie has a video of him and Cry reading it. :roflmao: It's sooo funny.

3. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't read it yet. But well mostly i read Supernatural and One Direction fanfics :slight_smile:

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have got to look up some of that :grin:

I don't read much fanfic, but if I do it's usually Harry Potter or Avatar: The Last Airbender. Any series with very well-established character relationships is fertile soil for fanfics.

5. Adarya

Yes, I do read quite a lot of fanfiction :grin:

I'm working on a story right now, too. Writing fanfiction is what I do in my free time when not working on my other personal stories. Fanfiction has become a regular part of my life because it's a great place to start your writing process, develop your style, and get feedback.

6. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep. I'm a bit of a fandom hopper, but I read fanfics from allover the place. I also think it's kinda addictive :3

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's actually how I got into writing fiction seriously. I used fanfic as a sort of "training wheels." The universe's rules, characters, and general environment are all established, letting you focus on artistic style, creating small plots, and keeping your characters realistic. Once you've got that down, it's much easier to graduate to original fiction.

Not that fanfic is bad, it can be great! But everyone's got their own stories to tell. :slight_smile:

8. evora

I used to read lots of Harry Potter fan fictions. I've probably read all the good ones by now so I have nothing left to read.:tears::lol: (Or just can't be bothered to look for them anymore.:icon_wink)

Do you know any good ones?

9. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I love them. I am a pro at navigating fanfic sites.

10. Holly

I've gotten beyond obsessed with fanfictions. I think I have a problem... :slight_smile:

11. Crow Crippler

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's one of my favorite hobbies. Yuri ftw!

12. ladyneko13

:lol:i LOVE mlp and adventure time fanfics! i read, write and draw them. i really like the Marceline+PB fan fics (the cute ones, not dirty ones)

13. Holly

It's interesting some of the ships you find. And the crossovers. Very odd. :slight_smile:

14. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

i used to be into them but. ehhh. so much time to sift through and find good ones that i want to finish. i should get back into it...

15. JayR

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should definitely try those.. I'm getting a lot of feels lately. :icon_bigg

16. NightGrazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The best fanfic I have ever read is a batman fanfic about pretty much all the DC comic heroes! It's mostly centred around Batman and Catwomen and if anyone is interested in DC comics (or even not, my friend sent it to me when I had no interest in Batman and I read it thinking it was about cats! :lol:slight_smile: it's called Cat-Tales She has her own site and everything for it!

17. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

So what's everyone's favorite fanfic genres?

I love romance, hurt-comfort/angst, whumpage, non-con, AU/Semi AU, mpreg, and I'm starting to read futa fics. Whump, specifically non-con and mpregs are my absolute favorites; romance and angst/hurt-comfort are naturally a part of those. When it's a pairing I really love and the writing is good, I have a great time.

It's weird to my other fic-loving friend, but with mpreg I actually like and prefer it with real people in a non-supernatural/magical 'verse; i.e. Criminal Minds, Glee, Psych to name a few. My friend can only read it if it's a supernatural/magical anime and even then she never really gets into it. I don't need any of that. I always appreciate the effort, but I don't even an author to give a scientific reason why it's possible or for them to make it some scientific rarity that now has to be explained to the character's family and friends throughout the story. Eh, don't need all that. I prefer the ones that just make it common knowledge that dudes can have babies, so we can just focus on the story.

With non-cons, I like the classic formula: the uke of the pairing gets non-conned by someone else, then the seme angsts over it, gets revenge, and takes care of the uke. One of the best non-cons I ever read was a Suits fic. I don't even watch that show, but Mike and Harvey's shipability shined through previews alone, so I started looking for fics on them. :lol: It's called "A Suit for the Soulless" by stetsonblack at fanfiction.net. Very well written. I recommend it for those who like these kind of stories.

18. stuffiscool

stuffiscool Guest

okay what is
    • non-con
    • whumpage
    • futa

i like hurt/comfort the most! sentimentality! squee!

19. DeanIsHome

I love fanfics! I actually write fanfics for Twilight, Teen Wolf, Percy Jackson Series, Harry Potter, and Downton Abbey

20. Anshel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I read Harry Potter and LOTR when I was younger, but now it's Merlin BBC. SO many good authors and works.