1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is "V" from V for Vendetta gay?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Beware Of You, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

The guy Hugo Weaving played in the awesome modernised movie version, the Guy Fawke's figure who Anonymous have adopted.

In both the origional comics and the movie there is Valerie's story a lesbian whose life was ripped apart, her partner was taken away and murdered, and not long after they came for her during the UKs decline into facism. Its implied that V was placed in the same prison/death camp as Valarie but he doesn't remember his life before there, plus he spends almost a year with Evee in his place but shows a complete apathy about anything sexual to do with her.

Also she sees a strange similarity between the character Stephen Fry plays (a gay guy) and V (they eat the same food etc. again maybe another implication)

2. LailaForbidden

I always thought it was implied that he had fallen in love with Evee at the end of the movie when he is dying on the concrete slab and she kisses him.

I hope I'm wrong though! haha

3. biggayguy

I think it's a sign of V's emotional instability that he first treats her gallantly but later on puts her into a form of mental torture. V probably had his privates burned beyond recognition in the original fire. I believe he's a eunuch. He desires an intimate relationship that he can never again have.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say he's most likely bi/pan, if not asexual. He does like his androgyny hehe.

5. Pain

Pain Guest

I'd say that his idea for vengeance has consumed him. He has no sexual feelings, but assimilates art and charm because they are a part of what was oppressed by Norsefire. I think that he hates himself for not being able to love Evey, but he's become an idea--a symbol that opposes the oppressor. As such a symbol, he can't and shouldn't love, in my opinion.

---------- Post added 27th Jun 2013 at 09:21 PM ----------

Though there is the quote from Evey:
    This idea makes it so that V can be anyone, and anyone can be V. Sexual orientation is irrelevant because that's not an idea of the story. Similar to the concept behind Spiderman, V wears a mask so that anyone can see themselves behind the character, regardless of color, gender, orientation, or anything else that can make one "different." This example comes from my watching the movie, when nearly all civilians donned masks and capes. Everyone is V. V is become an idea, and anyone can have ideas.

#5 Pain, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013