1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An entertainment rant

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Foxface, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Foxface

I've been sitting on this thought for months but I just have to come out and say it. When the :***: did channels like the Animal Planet, History Channel and Learning Channel become nothing but reality shows? I remember when it was all about documentaries, nature shows...the stuff the channel is SUPPOSED to be about

what happened?

Foxface

2. ScatteredEarth

I love Animal planet, and it's really only good in the mornings. I like Cats 101, Dogs 101, Meerkat Manor, Big Cat Diaries and a few others. But I agree, those stupid shows like Call of the Wildman and Ice Cold Gold have no place in Animal Planet. I mean maybe, MAYBE Wildman, but Ice Cold Gold has NOTHING to do with animals. It's just a bunch of a**holes digging for gold constantly saying that they could die at any minute even though you know they wouldn't air that sort of thing on TV. Oh yea, I also like My Cat from Hell :grin: Discovery and History Channel are good channels and I like to watch their documentaries on the wars and science and what not, Modern Marvels and How it's Made are some of my favorites as well. But shows like Hardcore Pawn, Pawn Stars (Desperate attention grabbers btw) and Storage Wars really have no place in such channels.

In short, I feel your pain brother.
    /endrant

3. Foxface

amen...I should say that yes there are still a few good shows left...I just miss when those channels were wall-to-wall documentaries

Then you find out shows like Pawn Stars and Storage Wars are more scripted than most sitcoms...it loses even the tinest shred of respect someone might have had for it

oh well

Netflix documentaries still exist :slight_smile:

Foxface

4. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    FINALLY!!
    I thought I was the only person who noticed! I remember like a few years ago, when it was all actually stuff relating to said channel. Not so much anymore. I typically just watch the Science channel, they stay on topic most times.

5. Foxface

I know...it's just so irritating that you have to watch at 3am to see quality documentaries

oh well...just thought I would vent

Foxface

6. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been wondering about this, at least regarding History Channel, for sometime [though, admittedly, Pawn Stars was/is a deeply guilty pleasure of mine....] With that in particular, what especially irritates me is the fact that 90% of those shows aren't even history related but seem to be courting a particular demographic....

7. sexyalex

Err...

I wouldn't know. The only channels I watch are Showtime, Starz, TBS, The CW and HBO *shrugs*

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are many more stupid people who like stupid tv than smart people who like smart tv. Those channels just want to broaden their viewer base. -.-

9. Allecto

When they realized that shit like Ancient Aliens got higher ratings.

10. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Reality shows are waaaayyyy cheaper to produce!