1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Walking Dead and it's respective games

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ScatteredEarth, Jun 29, 2013.

1. ScatteredEarth

I for one am a die hard fan of the show and the game (Not the sh***y shooter) It has two of my favorite things, zombies and a good drama plot which seems to come together naturally as you would expect things like that to happen in a world like that. I know for one that there were moments where I literally cried like when Lori died, leaving Rick to care for the child and basically scarring Carl. Also, even though I would most likely get flamed for this, I was pissed when Andrea died.. There was no reason for her to die for god sakes. She spent too much time talking and could have freed herself before Milton turned -.-

As for the game, I loved every minute of it and can't wait for 400 days and Season 2 of the game. They killed off the main character which was a shocker to me because it's not something you normally do in a game. Although I felt kind of disappointed when I was given the option to do a Hershel on Lee's arm and it ended up in him dying regardless making me feel like my choice really had no say so in the end which still made me tear up a bit.
    /endrant

So tell me, what are your thoughts on the movie and/or game and could you recommend any more games similar to it? I loved Heavy Rain and can't wait for Beyond: Two Souls btw :slight_smile:

2. Oxelotl

I 1. I feel like this should be marked spoilers. Can we do that? Because while I've finished the game and series (and like half the comics) others might not. Anyway enough of that

2. I'm not normally a zombie fan, but I freaking love the walking dead game, and I also really enjoy the TV series. I love a good drama plot and I think walking dead provides a perfect scenario for it.
    I think the TV series is cool. After a shaky first season in which I found teh characters to be a bit hit and miss, it started to hit it's stride, especially in the second half of season 2. That actually really did annoy me about the finale. Stop staring at Milton. The series has goten better throughout with everything in my opinion. Characters, soundtrack, settings, design etc etc. *SPOILER* And I was so upset with what happened to merle, and Daryl's reaction.

As for the game, I thought it was brilliant. While I had anonying lag through it, I thought it was brilliant. Never have I cared for characters in game as much as I cared for Lee. When *SPOILER* kenny died, I lost it I was upset, and then the ending just blew my mind. When I finished Heavy Rain I didn't regret many decisions really. But with Walking dead there were so many decisions I just wished I could've redone. But I thought it was a fun, simple game, with real emotion and brilliant writing.

I honestly can't think of any more games like it (where your decisions affect the plots). Although I would recommend any game by Telltale (back to the future, possibly jurassic park (never played it) if you want point and click stuff. I'm curious to know more like it as well. Anyone?
    *I apologize I ramble on*

3. ScatteredEarth

Hmm, I see what you mean.. but yea, I don't know I feel like Heavy Rain had more of a choice that affects the outcome. The only thing that disappointed me in The Walking Dead was that no matter what choices you made, you got the same ending. Although the game did have some great replay value in which I beat it 3 or so times on the PC and went back and beat it a 4th time on my PS3 to get the Platinum for it. (Easiest ass plat IMO) As for the series.. I just hope Rick doesn't die. I think I might quit watching if that happens lol. (Yea I'm aware of the plot of the comics, but the show tries to deviate from it) I wonder what Rick's gonna do now that he has all these elderly people and children to take care of now. Which actually makes me sad considering that in the eyes of the kids, their parents died by the hands of the guy they thought was their savior.. God the zombie apocalypse can be a depressing place.

4. Oxelotl

I do get what you mean, walking dead did have more variety in its endings. It would've been nice if at least maybe certain characters could've lived or died at the end depending on your choices, because yeah the ending is the same no matter what.

Well so far Rick hasn't died in the comics yet so there's hope for a long time in the series. But yes if Rick or Daryl died I would...probably keep watching but I'd pissed as hell. I have the feeling those old people are nothing more than red shirts (people whose sole purpose is to die to serve the plot or something).

Understatement of the century