1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fashion!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Starling, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Starling

Out Status:
    All but family
    I would love to talk fashion with you guys! :grin: what are you into? What do you think best reflects who you are?
    My personal favorites are bowties, vests, hats, and I LOOOOOOOOOVE Vans :grin: I would like to see what all of you love to wear! :grin:

Almost forgot superhero tees :wink:

#1 Starling, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  2. LD579

I really like vests and ties. Monochrome black and white outfits are cool to me. I like plaid short sleeve dress shirts and/or button ups... And I really like black dress shoes. I feel like they make every outfit look classier. I... wear them with my jeans and khaki pants. It's a bit odd but I like how it looks, plus my shoes are really comfy anyways.

3. justjade

I'm kind of eccentric. I like crazy vintage things, but I also love cargo shorts, skinny jeans, artsy graphic tees, colorful sneakers (my next goal is to get a flourescent pink pair), and I hoard blazers, trench coats, and hoodies. I also really love layering, like a button-front shirt with a tie under a sweater. I love cardigans, too! I really love the look of suits, but I don't have one yet. I like to roll up my pants legs to just above my ankles and wear loafers with them. One of my favorite things (even though they're probably not the best looking) are those woven belts with the D-rings instead of a buckle. Belts are often too big for me, so I like them because I can adjust them to any size I need. Oh! And I love colored jeans! :grin:

4. AlamoCity

I have two different "styles."

In one, I dress in a way some would call "preppy" (I've never been comfortable with that word; it must be psychological, for I also loathe words such as "spiffy" and "classy").

When I dress "preppy," I usually wear an oxford shirt (I have them in every color of the rainbow) with a pair of chinos or khaki shorts (again, I have them in every color of the visual spectrum). If it's more formal. I'll add a bow tie. For shoes, I like Sperry Top-Siders or, if I really don't care, my 2005 vintage black Crocs. Usually, I'll dress something like this, sans neckwear for everyday use (picture from a catalog, not me).

[​IMG]

My other style is Western wear.

When I want to dress in "Western wear" (I live in one of the few states that I can wear "Western wear" and a cowboy hat and not be looked at as weird), I'll wear jeans, pearl snap shirt, and my pair of Ariat boots. I don't usually like to wear hats, but I'm seriously considering getting a Resistol hat because of our 110 degree weather.

These styles might be polar opposites; some days I'll dress a certain way and then change my style on the next. What I wear also depends what I'm doing; if I'm doing yard work, you bet I'll be wearing my "Western wear."

5. Hiems

Wow, I'm really apathetic fashion-wise compared to you guys. I just raid the clearance racks at H&M, Kohl's, and Target for polos, V-necks, cargo shorts, polyester shirts and shorts, short sleeved button-ups, sweatpants, and hoodies. I wear the latter two + sneakers during fall/winter, and everything else + flip-flops during the spring/summer. If I had to name my fashion style, I would call it... pure laziness, haha.

6. srslywtf

I've reached a point in life where everyone around me is trying to act all grown up and wearing boring black/grey stuff... I think its a good look, just seems dull.

Lately I've been getting back into bright colours.. blue, yellow, green... pink? I always liked pink but was too afraid it would make me look gay to wear it... lol! (more pastelly shades than neon/fluorescent... although I do like that at times)

I'm mostly pretty simple.. Jeans and tshirt.. but nice ones, not discount rack worn for 10 years. Well fitted. Not tight like stretch-tight, but still fitting to the body shape a bit.

I hate clothing with visible brand names/logos on them, or when someone wheres a shirt that has a name of a sporting team or city or something that has absolutely no relation to them.

Fun fact, I have a button phobia. I will not wear anything with buttons unless I have to. Shirts I can deal with if they look nice but besides that NOOO... I'm not sure what it is, something about the roundness weirds me out. Actually circles in general I don't like in fashion.

#6 srslywtf, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  7. timo

I always wear skinny jeans. Always. No matter if it's -15°C or 35°C. You'll never see me in shorts, I hate them.

Usually combined with some kind of t-shirt. I used to wear bright colours but for some reason grew out of that and into black and white stuff. Mostly band tees.

I also have a thing for check shirts. My favourite one is my red/black one with really small checks, like this.

8. KazTastic

I'm not interested in fashion at all. Outside of work, I dress in black, and normally in long sleeves and trousers. It's plain, cheap, and comfortable.

At work, I'll wear my uniform (fluoro green high-visibility shirt and dark blue cargo pants).

9. Oxelotl

I'm kinda sterotypical. I like a suit. If dressing for a formal event (uber formal or casual formal) then I like a waistcoat, bowtie/tie, collared buttoned shirt, black pants. If trying for coolness I like the converse/vans look, skinny jeans, buttoned shirt, jacket of some sort, possibly a cardigan.

Me I always like to wear jeans ALWAYS (I like skinn, I find them comfortable, but I also don't think I look good in them, and I hate my legs and refuse to wear shorts), tshirt, and a jumper or jacket of some kinda. Unless I'm going to a formal even in which case the aforementioned clothes I woudl wear.

10. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I also have two styles:

The first is a classy one. Black skinny jeans, a white oxford shirt, and black wingtip shoes.

The second is regular skinny jeans, a light colored graphic tee, and my navy blue converse.

That's what I usually end up wearing.

11. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never really been fashion-conscious in the past, probably in part 'cause I didn't want to stick out [in general, not so much sexuality-related.] So I'm not really sure what I'm into, though I do like jeans and hoodies, let alone what sort of styles I like. Though, to touch on the OP, I've been curious about Vans sneakers.

Would actually like to look into more options, such as browsing stuff at clothing stores, but I'd feel awkward doing it alone for some reason and I have no friends to ask about going with me. :/

12. Elflord

Elflord Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well most of the time I wear Jeans and a T-shirt and black Converse shoes ;3

13. Starling

Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel you. I don't get to dress the way I want, but if I could, I would always look highly professional or highly casual. I'm really into the tomboy fashion with mostly nuetral and earth tones these days but it varies. Doesn't matter what I'm wearing, I always have a pair of Vans to accompany it.

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2013 at 11:33 AM ----------

Vans are the shoes of the Gods, invest in some! I have been wearing them for years and have around twenty-three pair and get some every Christmas and Birthday. They are the love of my life.

14. timo

I second the Vans-love.

15. Starling

Out Status:
    All but family
    (!)(!)(!)(!):eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

16. ellierainbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am addicted to my Chucks by Converse (had them in beige, black & bordeaux), but I like Vans aswell. I had two pairs of Vans like 2 years ago, but I'm planning of getting a new pair soon!

In general I wear skinny jeans with the fanciest tops and pullovers. In summer I prefer wearing shorts or sometimes even skirts. And I really really love wearing dresses, the casual ones you can wear with sneakers and stuff :slight_smile:

Normally I mix my look up with some pretty normal black earrings, but recently I'm wearing a necklace I got by my best friend for my birthday as often as I can (it's a vintage necklace showing an old map of the Philippines).

And I'd also like to say that I am really in love with your guys' styles *-*

17. sexyalex

Story of my life. I only wear vintage prints, and keep my style gold coast chic.

---------- Post added 30th Jun 2013 at 09:30 AM ----------

Oh. I am also obsessed with oxfords (the shoes) and Dr Martens.
    I pretty much get all my clothes from top shop, ASOS and ZARA. :x

I also make some of my own if i am bored and have the time.

18. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, even if I do I don't imagine getting quite that many, even over the course of my lifetime. :lol: I presume they hold up well and are quite comfortable? Seems like I always have to replace my sneakers every few years for those reasons. :dry:

19. Starling

Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah mine have held up great and they are super comfy and now they have a TON of variety, which is breaking my bank :lol:

20. 2112

I just wear whatever ends up in my closet. Mostly Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Beatles, and Jefferson Airplane shirts (why don't I have a Rush shirt yet?!), and 76.873% of them are black.