1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sims 2 - Mine keeps crashing, help?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TyraBanksIsFierce, Apr 28, 2008.

1. TyraBanksIsFierce

SO I bought Sims 2 when it came out and lately became obsessed with it and managed to get most of the expansions up to and including seasons, and It runs kinda laggy and eventually crashes after like a 2-4 hours after starting it up. The requirements on Seasons is:

1.3GhZ - Mines 2.8GHz
    512Mb RAM(With 5 Expansions) - I have 512MB
    32MB Graphics Card - Mines a Radeon 9200 128MB
    8 SPeed CD Rom - Dunno what it means, but I thonk mines only 4 Speed, the disc doesn't really spin much though Only when it starts it up.

Thoughts?

Thanks in Advance

Discuss - Sims 2

2. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm... I have Sims 2 with all the expansions and it struggles to render complex sets with 1 GB of RAM and on a Radeon Xpress 1150/256 MB.

3. TyraBanksIsFierce

Complex Sets? You mean like big lots?

I usually just play small ones like 2x2 or 2x3

4. interstella

i used to play sims 2 but it broke and i can't be bothered to buy another one

5. Defraction

I know when I installed University, it all went kaput. I'd only see the beginning and ends of actions and it'd just freeze all the time. Some of the icons went missing as well, like the People Live Mode thingy. I could still click on it - it was jut a big grey square.

Solution? I reinstalled it.

I dunno what it is in your case, but I have a dodgy DVD reader where if I watch movies from it, the movie lags like hell. However if I use the one that can write and stuff, it goes perfectly fine.

If it runs for 2 hours without crashing, then there can't be anything serious going on. But I'm no computer expert. :slight_smile:

6. CrimsonThunder

Try a Geforce. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: /fanboy

7. LOVEjames

Mine just take forever to load. But then again, I have 4 Expansions, so I guess that's expected. :\ I'm not that into hardware, so I can't help you. But I do hope that it works! :grin:

8. total mo

total mo Guest

I'm excited about sims 3.

9. SkyTears

haha yes! can't wait till the 9000 series. Anyways ... if you're running vista it is probably safe to say that is the issue. but that doesn't sound like it because vista's lowest package (home basic) needs 512MB to run it and vista takes up lots of room making it hard to run on that much.

It could possibly be your cd drive so I would go and see if that is the issue. If not reinstall or delete some expansions and see how it runs.

10. TyraBanksIsFierce

I only rented University and Nitelife , and Gave away Open for business ><

Oh well it doesn't crash as often and I guess its a good thing because when it does I ususally turn off the computer and do something else otherwise i'd be on it all the time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. LOVEjames

Open For Business seems so insanely lame. :\

12. TyraBanksIsFierce

I love it, I've only ever ran a TV shop in my backyard though.

13. LOVEjames

hahaha. That would be cool.
    I have Nightlife, which I love because of the whole dating aspect. I use it all the time. It's pretty much a quick way to bring up fun and social, and it's hot to make two guys go on a date...
    University gives you the time that you need to build up some skill points, which you really don't have as an adult unless you use the Elixir or whatever.
    Pets is cool 'cuz I love animals. <3 And they're easy to take care of because they don't have ambitions or anything, and as long as the things they need are there, then they'll use them without being told.
    Seasons just makes the game a lot more realistic. :slight_smile:

14. TyraBanksIsFierce

I've only ever made one gay couple, but then they cheated on each other in uni with chicks and are now straight.

infact Ive never had any relationship/marriage where none of them have cheated

15. LOVEjames

I made mine so they were attracted to like, every main trait the other had, so it would be sorta hard for them to cheat. They got married a few days ago. ;D Well, human days. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Like a billion sim days.

16. sdc91

Hm, I think memory is your problem. 512MB is kinda low.