1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rush!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 2112, Jul 1, 2013.

1. 2112

Rush is my favorite band (as any fan can tell by my name), and I finally got to see them yesterday! Best concert I've ever been to! :icon_bigg :eusa_danc

Any other Rush fans here?

2. SlickyPants

I suppose they play real instruments well but they really suck at playing fake plastic instruments. I mean they are absolutely pathetic at Rock Band and that is how I gage how good they are...
    [YOUTUBE]tPzA4hqHj2s[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]lMpT_tRpB3I[/YOUTUBE]
    No but seriously, I think they are one of the greatest bands out there and they're still putting out great material. Some of my favourite albums, well there are too many of theirs to name, but 2112, Hemispheres, Moving Pictures, Rush, Farewell to Kings, Permanent Waves to name a few.

When you see them live their musicianship is always top notch and they put a lot of work into the little details in their show, whether it be filming some humorous clips to introduce certain songs, or the sublte (and not so subtle) gags on stage. They have a great sense of humour.

They also seem really humble and genuine in interviews.

3. Witness lost

Out Status:
    A few people
    I love Rush, however, I am more of an early Genesis, Moody Blues, and Yes fan when it comes to prog. Great stuff! Have the Rush in Rio dvd, and it always blows my mind.

4. 2112

A Farewell To Kings and Hemispheres are my favorites, but I've been listening to Clockwork Angels a lot. I think it's one of their best albums.

The music alone was great, but everything else was really impressive too. You don't expect to see popcorn machines, floating brains in tanks, gnomes, gorillas, and fire at a rock concert. :lol:

5. gavguy

gavguy Guest

I also like Rush, great music that sounds even better the more you listen to it