1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online creative writing groups

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Steam Giant, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Steam Giant

Does anyone know of any online creative writing groups or forums? Preferably one that tasks its members to compose a story based around a pre-determined topic with a deadline for its completion?

I'm trying to get back into writing, and I really need someone to tell me what to do, haha! On my own, I just have WAY too many ideas floating around, I can't decide on any one story to write, or I'll start one and drop it for another.

So if anybody knows of an online organization that does stuff like that, please let me know!

2. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I'm a livejournal member, and there are *loads* of them on there. For example, I write Harry Potter fanfiction, and there are piles of challenges and exchange communities where you can get plot bunnies and deadlines and whatever. I love livejournal!

[Sorry if that didn't make much sense, livejournal is a wierd place. I'll explain further if you need :slight_smile:]

3. Astaroth

Well, perhaps EC could add another category to the forum for writing of all types. Then people could post poems and stories and stuff. Might be worth thinking about. :slight_smile: Then you wouldn't have to look elsewhere.

4. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone