1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone coming to Canada

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kenko, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ZOMG one of the world's most expensive phones is officially coming to Canada!!!!!!!!!!!1111111one

Not that I'm actually planning on getting it, it's about time, and maybe it might help lower the cost of data plans in Canada. Though it still sucks that it's on the provider with the worst geographic coverage (Rogers) who also has an underwhelming customer service history. not that there's any other GSM providers.

2. sdc91

It's not out in Canada? :confused: I thought it'd have a NA release, especially since carriers all use the same GSM or CDME frequencies.

3. davo-man

Grrr...Still not out in Australia and I WANT one!....Actually, I'll be over there in a couple of years, perhaps ill just buy one if they've gone down in price (not likely hehe)

4. JSG

JSG Guest

I'm waiting for the 3G iPhone coming out in June (USA I guess...)

5. Ty

Ty Guest

Nah, they won't release a new iPhone just yet. I'd give it another year or so.

6. InaRut

*Evil stare*

7. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not an issue of frequencies. Jail broken iPhones will work in Canada, it's just that Apple and Rogers couldn't agree on rates, because if you look at the AT&T data rates for iPhone they are quite reasonable, but to get that much data through Rogers would cost a fortune. That and they probably wanted to work out other pricing things, contract lengths, etc.

And the iPhone is GSM only so we can't get it through the 1.5 CDMA networks either.