1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fosters

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by FindingMyself, Jul 3, 2013.

1. FindingMyself

Okay this is my new favorite show. Being on ABC Family has not at all kept it from being crazy liberal and cool. Not only are there two freaking moms heading a family, they're not stereotypically butch & femme. AND there's a young gay/cross-dresser boy. I love it. :thumbsup:

So far I see nothing wrong with this show except Mariana, but that's just because I dislike the actress. The only thing is it makes me jealous-I wish I could go to a cool charter school in California. Might make dating easier :wink:

If anyone wants a lesbian's point of view, Jake T. Austin has definitely grown to be attractive. Too bad he's a dude.:eusa_clap

2. I just recently found the show& I love everything about it. I'm glad it isn't a cookie cutter gay family as well. After seeing how Jude embraced himself and his friend painting his nails blue too I couldn't help but smile. Love all the positive messages that are given in each episode. It just makes me wonder when i'm going to find my other half so we can shack up& have a hectic household too. (=

3. FindingMyself

I teared up a little when Jude's friend showed up with blue nails! I'm glad it portrays younger LGBT members as well as the adults. How'd you like the poetry performance about the 100,000 mile ride?

4. Tim

Tim

We don't know if Jude is LGBT though, or if he just likes wearing girl's clothing.

But yes when his friend showed up with painted nails too, that was just adorable.

Though, his friend looks a good 3-5 years older than Jude, yet they're supposedly in the same grade. >_>;

5. I am too because it is obvious that he is a part of the LGBTQ Community because of his wanting to paint his nails and wear dresses. What "straight" boy does that? NOT MANY. I loved that poetry performance. It had me in tears just hoping that after all those yrs they had indeed stayed together..

6. FindingMyself

I pretty much assumed that they'd ended their marriage just judging by Garrett's tone. And as for the other kid being older, I think perhaps that's just the difference seventh grade can make? Guys grow a lot that year, and some kids stay small for a while. I think Jude is just rather small.